NGC Special Designations for 2018 Pandas
Posted on 11/6/2017
The highly anticipated 2018 Silver and Gold Pandas have been released. This year marks the 35th anniversary of the Chinese Silver Panda, and NGC has created a special label to celebrate the occasion.
In addition, NGC's popular Early Releases and First Releases designations will be available for qualifying coins. Special submission instructions must be followed.
The commemorative 35th Anniversary Silver Panda NGC certification label features a likeness of the original 1983 design on the Silver 10 Yuan Panda. It is available for the 2018 Silver Pandas, and other 2018 Pandas, or any 2018 medal that celebrates the 35th Anniversary of the Silver Panda. See "Additional Instructions" below.
|The 35th Anniversary Silver Panda label (left) and the Early Releases label (right)Click images to enlarge|
- Submit the coins under an applicable grading tier. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired, select Special Label / Releases and check Early Releases or First Releases.
- To qualify for the Early Releases or First Releases designations, coins must be received at an NGC office or NGC Approved Depository within 30 days of the coin's release date. See cutoff dates here.
- Please note that 2018 Silver and Gold Panda submissions to NGC’s US and Hong Kong offices are not eligible for the “First Day of Issue” and “First Releases” designations.
- The label shown below is available for 2018 Silver Pandas by writing "35th Anniversary Panda label" on your submission form. This special label is included in the NGC grading fee and does not require an additional fee.
- The default label for 2018 Gold Pandas will be the NGC Standard Brown (shown below):
- If you would prefer the Blue Early Releases label (shown below), write “Blue Early Releases” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If your coin qualifies for the First Releases designation and you would like the blue First Releases label (shown below), write “Blue First Releases Label #379” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If you would like the NGC Panda (Large) label (shown below), write “NGC Panda (Large)” on the submission form.
- If you would like capsules returned, select "Return Mint Packaging" on the NGC Submission Form. A fee of 35 Yuan per form applies; there may be an additional charge for shipping.
Important Notes about the "Release Date" and Cutoff Dates
- China releases panda coins at different times for domestic and international markets. NGC will therefore post different release dates for in-China submissions and international submissions (e.g. to its Hong Kong or US offices). Click here to see cutoff dates.
- In China, the release date is defined as the first day that these coins are in wide release to the distributors of CGCI. This generally means that multiple CGCI distributors have reported to NGC Shanghai that they are now in possession of 2018 Silver and Gold Pandas.
- Outside of China, the release date is defined as the first day that these coins are in wide release to international distributors. This generally means that multiple international distributors have reported to NGC that they are now in possession of 2018 Silver and Gold Pandas.
- Please note that the release date may be different for each denomination depending on when the coins are made available to distributors. As soon as the release date is known, NGC will post the cutoff date(s) to its website.
Paid NGC Collector members and NGC Authorized Dealers may submit directly to NGC in the United States and Hong Kong. Not a member? Join today!
All submissions in China must be made to an Official Submission Center. For a list of Official Submission Centers in China, click here.
Questions? Contact Customer Service:
Interested in bulk submissions? Contact our sales representatives:
Mateo Zhao, (+86) 156-1839-8207 or MZhao@NGCcoin.com