NGC Special Label and Designations for 2017 Chinese Gold Panda 35th Anniversary Coins
Posted on 6/7/2017
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) will offer a celebratory label and its most popular special designations for the three Chinese Gold Panda 35th Anniversary coins scheduled to be issued on June 15, 2017.
Introduced in 1982, the Chinese Gold Panda has grown to become one of the world’s most popular gold bullion coins. One reason for the series' immense popularity is the fact that a new panda design is used each year (with one exception), and many of these designs are celebrated with the 35th Anniversary issues.
The three Chinese Gold Panda 35th Anniversary coins are as follows:
- A 15 gram .999 fine silver 5 yuan panda with a maximum mintage of 200,000 coins;
- A 5 gram .999 fine gold 80 yuan panda with a maximum mintage of 50,000 coins; and
- A bimetallic 500 yuan panda with 30 grams of .999 fine gold and 12 grams of .999 fine silver. It has a maximum mintage of 6,000 coins.
These coins will be encapsulated with a celebratory NGC label that features the design of the original 1982 Gold Pandas and the text: 35th ANNIVERSARY OF THE CHINESE GOLD PANDA. There is no additional fee for the special label.
The Chinese Gold Panda 35th Anniversary coins will be eligible for NGC’s Early Releases and First Releases designations if received within 30 days of their release. For Early Release and First Releases cutoff dates, click here.
NGC will also offer its special First Day of Issue designation for qualifying coins. Please see “First Day of Issue Submission Instructions” at the bottom of this article.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases coins must be received at an NGC office before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- Select the Modern grading tier or higher and, if desired (and if the coins qualify), check either Early Releases or First Releases.
- Please specify the desired label in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form. If no label is specified, the NGC 35th Anniversary of the Chinese Gold Panda label (shown below) will be used.
- If your coin qualifies for the Early Releases designation and you would like the blue Early Releases label (shown below), request “Blue Early Releases Label #378” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- If your coin qualifies for the First Releases designation and you would like the blue First Releases label (shown below), request “Blue First Releases Label #379” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- For other special labels and submission instructions, click here.
First Day of Issue Submission Instructions
- There is an additional fee of $10 (USD) or 65 RMB per coin for the First Day of Issue designation.
- There is a minimum submission requirement of 50 coins for this designation.
- To qualify for the “First Day of Issue” designation coins must be received at an NGC office by 10:00 am on Friday, June 16, 2017. NGC will also accept coins in packages that are postmarked June 15, 2017, for “First Day of Issue” provided the packages arrive at an NGC office by Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
- Write “First Day of Issue” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
- The default label for the First Day of Issue designation will be the NGC 35th Anniversary of the Chinese Gold Panda label (shown below).
- If you would like the NGC First Day of Issue label (shown below), write “First Day of Issue Label #480” in bold letters on the NGC Submission Form.
All submissions to NGC in China must be made to an Official Submission Center in China. For a list of Official Submission Centers in China, click here.
Paid NGC Collector members and NGC Authorized Dealers may submit directly to NGC in Hong Kong and the United States. Not a member? Join today!
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service:
China: +86 400 635 8226 or Service@NGCcoin.cn
Hong Kong: +852 2115 3639 or Asia@NGCcoin.com
United States (Headquarters): +1 941 360 3990 or Service@NGCcoin.com