NGC Expert Review
Get fast feedback on a coin's authenticity and grade from NGC's expert team. This service gives you a preliminary opinion that can help you to make a smarter purchase. An NGC expert's opinion will be delivered in two business days or less.
NGC is a leading third-party authentication and grading service for collectible coins, tokens and medals. eBay is a leading online marketplace that connects buyers and sellers around the world. NGC is an approved grading company of eBay.
Get advice from an NGC expert for as little as $5!
Get a discount if the coin is submitted to NGC for regular grading within 90 days!Buy now
How does it work?
Fill out a quick form with the eBay listing ID and coin description along with your desired service and payment information.
An NGC expert will review the eBay listing's images and provide a preliminary opinion.
You'll receive a discount on NGC's full certification service if the coin is submitted within 90 days.
What do I get?
You can request a preliminary opinion of authenticity ($5) or a preliminary opinion of authenticity and grade ($10).
Possible authenticity opinions
- Likely Genuine
- Likely Not Genuine
- Inconclusive (full refund)
- Not Eligible (full refund)
Possible grade opinions
- US and World Coins
- Likely Uncirculated (60-70)
- Likely Proof (60-70)
- Likely High Circulated (40-58)
- Likely Low Circulated (1-35)
- Likely Details Graded
- Likely No Grade
- Inconclusive ($5 refund)
- Ancient Coins
- Likely MS
- Likely High Circulated (XF-AU)
- Likely Low Circulated (PR-VF)
- Inconclusive ($5 refund)
You will also get a voucher (sent by email) equal to the amount paid that can be used to submit the coin to NGC for regular grading services. The voucher is valid for 90 days after your purchase of NGC Expert Review.
How much does it cost?
It costs $5 for a preliminary opinion of authenticity and $10 for a preliminary opinion of authenticity and grade.
What if NGC can't give an opinion?
If NGC cannot give a preliminary opinion of authenticity, the full fee will be refunded.
If NGC cannot give a preliminary opinion of grade, $5 will be refunded.
Are NGC's opinions guaranteed?
The opinions given through NGC Expert Review are preliminary opinions based on an eBay item's images. A precise opinion requires an in-person examination by multiple professional graders.
NGC Expert Review opinions are therefore not guaranteed.
You will receive a voucher equal to the amount paid for NGC Expert Review that you can use to submit the coin for NGC's full, guaranteed grading services. This voucher is valid for 90 days.
How long will it take to receive an NGC Expert Review opinion?
You will receive an NGC Expert Review opinion by email within two business days.
Get an Expert Review for as little as $5Buy now
Terms and Conditions of Service
These terms and conditions apply to the Expert Verification Services (the "Services") ordered by you for an item listed on eBay. By ordering the Services, you acknowledge and agree that:
- an opinion rendered based on an image of an item is less accurate than an opinion rendered from physical examination;
- the Services are provided as-is, without any warranty or guarantee. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all Services are specifically excluded from the Guarantee that NGC may provide for its regular certification services;
- the Services are not considered "certification" services provided by NGC, and no item for which Services have been provided should be described as having been "certified": by NGC; and
- your only remedy in connection with the Services will be a refund if the Services are not performed, such as the Authenticity Opinion is Inconclusive (full refund) or if the Grade Opinion is Inconclusive ($5 refund). Except for the foregoing, you waive all claims and remedies in connection with the Services and release NGC from all liability in connection with the Services.