• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Point reduction needed on Presidential "BU" coins.

9 posts in this topic

Since Thursday the plain labed presidential dollar coins have been reduced so that the MS60-64 coins are only worth 59 points. The Brilliant Uncir. coins still have not been reduced and are still 81 points when they are supposed to be treated as MS60 coins. I think this needs to be corrected so that all the BU, gradeless coins are only worth 59.

Thank you.

My MS63 Lincoln which has survived over 70 years in mint state condition, gets 3 points - whereas these brand new coins in a lower grade (BU is apparently MS60) get 20X the points.

My MS63 Lincoln which has survived over 70 years in mint state condition, gets 3 points - whereas these brand new coins in a lower grade (BU is apparently MS60) get 20X the points.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I posted 1942 PR-64, Red cent in my type set and only got 3 points.

The coin happens to be very PQ and is a really nice example for the grade.

I've also got a 1792 half disme in NGC VF-30. That coin is worth 5 figures easy, and many would argue was the first U.S. coin. Yet it gets ZERO POINTS.

Yes, this points system needs to be fixed. Handing out 20 times as many points for a coin that exists in the millions over a coin with a mintage 32,600 does not seem to be right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I posted 1942 PR-64, Red cent in my type set and only got 3 points.

The coin happens to be very PQ and is a really nice example for the grade.

I've also got a 1792 half disme in NGC VF-30. That coin is worth 5 figures easy, and many would argue was the first U.S. coin. Yet it gets ZERO POINTS.

Yes, this points system needs to be fixed. Handing out 20 times as many points for a coin that exists in the millions over a coin with a mintage 32,600 does not seem to be right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I just opened a registry set with the MS prez dollar. 102 points for MS65. Go figure. They ain't even worth as much as my PF70 jeffersons. I have 22 jeffersons with 3 grading PF70 with total points at 432. 4 prez dollars at MS65 408 points. Somethin's wrong here!