• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Can't Stop Progress

22 posts in this topic

• Administrator

So what do you guys think of the new look, and the new features?

I KNOW you like the graemlins feature smile.giffrown.gifblush.giflaugh.gifwink.giftongue.gifgrin.gifsmirk.gifshocked.gifmad.gifcrazy.gifcool.gifooo.gifconfused.gif

(laugh)

And the ability to rate posts and members is bound to be fun.

Arch

I haven't played with it much, but so far it looks nice. I like the smilies much better. smile.gif With the ability to enter the html/ubb code so much easier now it's great.

I haven't seen the rating of members yet. I'll have to go check that one.

OK, one thing that sucks. MASSIVE pictures allowed as icons. EVP has a giant picture of his dog. This causes the section of the screen that has the user information and icon to be massive in size. I'd guess that it is about 65% of the screen thanks to this picture. The remaining 35% is the actual text of the post. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

I don't want to have to turn off the icon option, since that's what I usually look for to figure out who is posting, but if this giant photo icon becomes common, then I'll have to do that.

Fixed it, probably while you were posting this message. smile.gif

Of course, I'd recommend to users to size down their icon images, for bandwidth reasons as well as image quality control.. but you won't see huge icons anymore even if they don't.

-D

You guys lost one of my earlier responses...

When viewing Who's Online, the registered user count is 1 more than the actual number of users listed.

I also sent email to DevNull with a problem, but that seems to have gone away now.

EVP

• Administrator

Actually, that would probably be just be invisible users like... er... me smile.gif

Arch

When viewing Who's Online, the registered user count is 1 more than the actual number of users listed.

That's because the comic collectors are only counted as 1/2 people. wink.gif

• Administrator

ROFLOL!

Hey! You trying to start a war?! (chuckling)

Arch

• Administrator

The new icon upload feature is nice an easy to use, I think.

Arch

Whats up with the big black boxes under everyones handles?

Glad to see the big icon... thing is fixed.

laugh.gifsmirk.gifooo.gif test

test confused.gif

rate user?????????

Hey above the reply box (typing a reply to a post)...... Post icon... little faces with buttons.... what does that do?

It will take a while to get used to - one of the things I really liked before was the ability to quickly pick out which threads had new posts and right now I am having trouble doing so.

We lost the links to other areas? I'd like to add my twenty cent pieces to my 100% rated (with no coins) set, but I don't have a link!

Ok - I'll chill!

Hey Arch -

Before the upgrade there was a box at the bottom of the screen that allowed us to jump to other pages/web sites. That was a pretty useful feature and seems to have been lost in the changes. Are you planning on bringing it back?

Also, how long before we'll be able to submit moderns using the on-line form?

Yeah, I know...we're never satisfied!

• Administrator

Yah, I'll be putting the links at the bottom back. The upgrade wiped them out and I just haven't had a chance to put them back yet.

On the moderns, it's on the radar screen but hasn't received a date yet. I'll get back to you in the beginning of the week with some news.

Arch

There's one I *just* noticed about your software that I like much better than CU's. I don't know if it's new...

Your software refreshes, or lists, all the posts first and then downloads the various icons. This way, I don't have to wait to get to the last post because I don't care if I'm skipping over everyone's icons.

The CU software will paint each post in its entirety before painting the next post. Thus, I have to wait a while before I can END to the bottom of the thread.

EVP

Oh, you're right, I can use Standard Graphics... Thanks. But, I like the icons -- some of the time. I know that I want my cake and to eat it too. My sister once said to me: what's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it?

smile.gif

Thanks!

EVP

My sister once said to me: what's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it? cool.gif

That is almost as good as Once you have seen one Buffalo nickel, haven't you seen them all. grin.gif

Hey , Once you've eaten one buffalo nickel, you've eaten them all. And what's the point in eating cake if you can't have any buffalo nickels? confused.gif

Lost, Hoot