• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20th Anniversary Silver Eagle Pops?

7 posts in this topic

I'm a new guy, have been studying the posts a lot. I have a question that I don't find covered, so will ask it here. Hopefully, someone can answer it.

Knowing how the sets have to arrive at NGC, in un-opened boxes to recieve the Anniversary label, and assuming a lot of sets were sent into NGC opened, or just the Reverse proofs were sent in by themselves, I don't understand the latest POP reports:

Reverse PF - 28,285

Regular PF - 26,150

MS - 28,828

It seems to me there would be more Reverse Proofs graded than MS ones, or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

There were 2, 2006w uncirculated coins. One as a regular mint issue, and the other in the anniversary set. Is this what you were asking? confused-smiley-013.gif

No. The latest figures from NGC show that there are 28,828 2006W S$1 20th Anniversary graded MS. They also have showing 2006W Eagle S$1 Early Release MS Eagles, which is the Burnished one I believe. Knowing a lot of sets were graded that were opened, the only coin to always get the 20th Anniversary labe would be the Reverse Proof, so to me there should be more of them than the MS.

Does this help?

Could that also be counting the 20th ann. 2 coin set. The unc. silver eagle and the unc. gold, the blue labels! If I'm wrong please correct me!!

NGC will call the Reverse Proof 20th Anniversary since it only came in the sets. The 2006-W Mint States came in two different sets and they are not broken out on the population report. This accounts for the numbers.