• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's See Some Gold!

427 posts in this topic

1858-S Liberty Head $20 G. - Only have the Obverse Pic. now, on its way back from Grading.

What grade did you get, Rey? Looks like a pretty clean coin.

It is coming back from NGC as an MS-61 which I am happy with.

Rey

It makes my VF-45 look like a pocket piece. Nice going.

Bob,

Just got the 1858 S back from NGC today so I can now post a picture of the reverse.

You will notice an area on the holder that leaves me somewhat disappointed with NGC. There is a chip/nick in the white plastic material right next to the edge of the coin. It is about 1/4 the size of a dime and is gray in color. It is not very appealing and it makes me wonder about their "quality control". I have received a couple of other holders that seemed to have had small nicks out of them around the edge but nothing like this. I have asked that it be corrected.

In the meantime, I am still happy with the grade of MS-61.

Rey (rbrown4)

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

AWESOME coins everyone! These put my Saint to shame! Congrats on the grade Rey.

Victor, that medal... WOW.... I need it!

Boiler, supreme coins! As usual.

I like the small gold coins, cool Pan-Pac!

Keep 'em coming! GOLD IS AWESOME!

Boy Rey,

That is a sweet looking '58 S. Getting up there in the high ticket area.

I really thought those holders were tougher than that. It looks like they're cracking it out for you. BTW... NIce imaging. thumbsup2.gif

these put my Saint to shame!

No Chad, nothing puts a Saint to shame. Those are probably the most beautiful coins the mint has ever produced. Yours is no different.

Very nice Norse and '58-S!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Chad, I agree with Bob, a $20 Saint is a beautiful coin anyway you look at it. Yours looks good to me! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Mark,

Where does the Stater come from, I have never run across one of those before. Even small, gold is nice to look at.

Here is my smallest piece a One Centavos. I

don't know current exchange rates but even in Gold it is probably not worth as much as the Mercury Dime next to it! But it is cute as my wife says......

IMG_0855.jpg

Rey, I think what makes your photos stand out is that you capture the color and luster of gold so well. One can see the life in it. thumbsup2.gif

IMG_0787.jpg

Mark,

Where does the Stater come from, I have never run across one of those before. Even small, gold is nice to look at.

Here is my smallest piece a One Centavos. I

don't know current exchange rates but even in Gold it is probably not worth as much as the Mercury Dime next to it! But it is cute as my wife says......

IMG_0855.jpg

27_laughing.gif If that is a 16-d I know it's not thumbsup2.gif

Very nice coins all

Just lovely coins thusfar. Boiler - I love the electrum piece and hope I know more about the piece soon! (i'm reading all I can about ancients now.)

Is this one okay? Hoot

1724761-1840Lib%2410AU50PCGS07-003.JPG

589a9257d89d2_1724761-1840Lib10AU50PCGS07-003.JPG.62b479b854c068009d67e333d42c41bb.JPG

Irvine, Bruce,

Unfortunately it is not the 1916 D, it is from the Philadelphia mint. I also have the S but alas no D......

IMG_0916-1.jpg