• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucky Week #13

30 posts in this topic

• Administrator

What coin bears the motto “Mind Your Business”?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins two Intercept Shield Double Protection Boxes and "The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook for Collectors and Investors" authored by Les and Sue Fox .

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

"Mind your business" was a favorite motto of Ben Franklin and appears on the first

American one-cent coin, known numismatically as the "FUGIO" cent.

• Administrator

So I'm just perusing the replies. Let me just say this - holy hand grenades, bat man, some of you are getting FAST on the response time! lol!

Arch

!>

Good glory it took me like 30 minutes to figure that out!! I didn't bother thinking about colonials because usually the coins you ask about are minted by the mint. And though the mint wasn't established at the time the fugio cent was the first minted under authorization of the United States.

I hope someone posted the info about this because I'm very curious to why the time-flies franklin cent had "Mind Your Business" on it!

"I'm very curious to why the time-flies franklin cent had "Mind Your Business" on it!"

Don't tarry away your time; after all, there is a new experiment, a new nation at hand, and only the labor of its people will suffice for its success.

Hoot

Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Well half of that has been done. How about announcing the winners? wink.gif

• Administrator

Hi everybody!

I am at the Long Beach show and just got word that my winners post did not show up. I am not sure what became of my post.

I will post the week 13 winners on Monday when I return. Sorry. Dena

• Administrator

Better late than never.....

The question:

What coin bears the motto Mind Your Business?

The answer:

Fugio Cent. However, also acceptable is the Continental Dollar (had not thought of that one smile.gif )

The winners are coincollecting and rockhobby!

You will both receive two Intercept Shield Double Protection Boxes and "The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook for Collectors and Investors" authored by Les and Sue Fox .

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly.....CappedBust!

Your will also receive a copy of "The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook for Collectors and Investors" authored by Les and Sue Fox .

Prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks to all!

Hi Dena, received the Intercept storage systems and the rare coin handbook today. Just want to say thanks to you and the NGC staff for the prize and also the contest. This has been a positive learning experience for me.

Keep up the good work,

Doug