• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 posts in this topic

Nice job on the 3.0 I love the look and use of it.

But I have a question. When I go to my control panel, I click on one of my “set name” it opens in Edit mode. I then have to click on “Set Listing” to see my set.

Question: Is there a setting to open direct to the “Set Listing” when I click on “Set Name” and not open the Edit mode. The edit mode is slow to open and most times I’m not in need to edit my sets.

What is everyones feedback on this?

Thanks for the hard work you guys have done to help us collectors have a very nice registry.

I agree

Also I would really Like to remove the Other banner tabs - I dont want cards I dont want currency I dont want comics etc

This was a complaint you said you could do nothing about in the old version.

I should be able to delete this off MY REGISTRY HOME PAGE ???

Seems like more work to get to where you want to get.

But I have a question. When I go to my control panel, I click on one of my “set name” it opens in Edit mode. I then have to click on “Set Listing” to see my set.

Question: Is there a setting to open direct to the “Set Listing” when I click on “Set Name” and not open the Edit mode. The edit mode is slow to open and most times I’m not in need to edit my sets.

Thanks for the hard work you guys have done to help us collectors have a very nice registry.

I didn’t notice this happening until you mentioned it. But I notice it now. Let me explain.

Before the upgrade I had created a shortcut for my desk top to my home page and a separate shortcut to the Chat Boards. So all I had to do to was click my Home Page shortcut icon and it would take me to my home page. My home page was functional without logging on except I couldn’t make any changes. It was like I was only seeing what the public could see. To make any changes I would have to log on.

When the new version become available, I first entered the site same as always, via desktop shortcut. My sets would open but to edit them I had to log on, otherwise the sets opened like I wanted them to.

In summary, I can go to my home page and without logging on, my sets open, but not in the edit mode. To edit I must log on.

I hope I haven’t confused any one. wink.gif

Edited to add: You may want to ask the administrators how they intended this to function.

Hi!

I'm glad you like it! That same question about whether to default to edit or list view has been debated internally. We've gotten feedback from a couple of people that they might like the list view to be the default.

If you wouldn't mind, go ahead and post this in the registry board. I'd love to get a wider range of feedback to see what people prefer in general.

And thanks again for the feedback!

Regards,

Arch

I totally agree with tedsupply.

I love the new look and functionality, but this is the very first thing I noticed when using Control Panel. I searched for an option to control what the set name link does (i.e. open set to view, open set to edit) but didn't find one.

Many times all I want is to simply display my set as shown in its "SET LISTING" view. To do this now requires two (potentially expensive) page loads plus associated mouse gestures and input.

It seems particularly odd as the Edit column and links are specifically dedicated to the editing function. Intuitively, I fully expected a click on the set name to open the set for read-only viewing, i.e. navigate directly to the set's "SET LISTING" view.

I implore the Collectors Society designers to consider changing this to make navigating to either the "EDIT SET" or "SET LISTING" views a simple one-click operation directly from Control Panel as described above.

Thanks!

Beijim

any more feedback on this?

Arch's answer to the folder issue is solved to save key strokes. Which is always good. Now when you leave the registry and return to it you are put back into the same folder as when you left (coins) - This is a good resolve in my mind.The edit issue has been resolved so that when you go to you separate coin listings it drops you into list mode instead of edit mode.

Just noticed that they fixed the Display issue. When you do a Gallery display

sme of the coins woul dnot resize properly - They do now smile.gif

Well done