• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superb Job on the New Registry

20 posts in this topic

The new registry is a real work of art. The information is presented in a logical sequence. The format is the most professional Registry that I've ever seen. Thank you NGC for making your site the best available. SUPERB!!

Tom

• Administrator

Thanks, guys! smile.gif

We knew the journal stuff needed a re-work, so we're glad you like the way we've handled it. Have you guys used the message board signatures, or the friends system yet?

Arch... what about a way for ANA members who directly submit coins to be able to check their status online?

Scott hi.gif

• Administrator
Arch... what about a way for ANA members who directly submit coins to be able to check their status online?

Scott hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Arch: I really like the new format and it's use is more intuitive. Best revision yet. One question: how do you find out who has listed you as a friend?

• Administrator
Arch: I really like the new format and it's use is more intuitive. Best revision yet. One question: how do you find out who has listed you as a friend?

We've actually been discussing that. The initial implementation was a kind of one-way flag that was really meant to help you filter journal entries so you would be sure to see articles by your favorite journal writers.

However, it's become pretty apparent that people are going to want to see how those social connections are playing out by seeing who is flagging them, so I think we'll be adding a feature for that pretty soon.

Right now, we tell you the count of how many people have flagged you as friend, but you don't have a convenient way to see that list.

You "Aced" it !

Or, at least a pair of eights !

I like the registry alot.

Give me some time to offer some fine tuning suggestions.

Where do I whine about the lack of "with varieties" sets, and demand that you remove the 1955 Double Die coin from the '34-'58 Lincoln set ?

• Administrator
I'm a web software developer and I want to congratulate you on version 3.0.

Nicely done! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks all. smile.gif

We're tweaking some things here and there, but over all it's been a pretty smooth roll out. When you change how things work and you don't get murdered for it, it's usually an ok sign that it's somewhat intuitive. smile.gif

Arch: The coin scoring (listing by date, variety), pull-up screen in the new registry, does not show points scoring for each year listed by attributes (FT, FBL, PF, CAM etc.). There is usually more than one listing, per year, but the listings do not include attribute titles. Some listings are intuitive (i.e. 1951 nickel proof, CA, UCAM) but many are not. Is this going to be updated, or am I missing something?

• Administrator
Arch: The coin scoring (listing by date, variety), pull-up screen in the new registry, does not show points scoring for each year listed by attributes (FT, FBL, PF, CAM etc.). There is usually more than one listing, per year, but the listings do not include attribute titles. Some listings are intuitive (i.e. 1951 nickel proof, CA, UCAM) but many are not. Is this going to be updated, or am I missing something?

You mean the score list you get by clicking on a particular year? Yes, that's a known issue and is filed to be fixed. In the meantime, clicking to see the scores for the whole set should get you the info you need. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, I just want to say that after using the registry and comparing it to the other one that the NGC registry is my favorite. It is much easier and alot more intuitive. I was able to do just exactly what I wanted to do easy as pie !

I breezed though my set up without ever doing it before and had zero concerns!

For that matter, NGC's whole website is also much easier to use.

I find everything is quite intuititive and zip around like a bird with wings !

One last comment, NGC as a whole is a fine company. Your efforts to be "collector friendly" over the years have been great !

Your my kinda folks NGC, thanks for all that you do.

Fergie.

Slow but sure ... A small modification to the logout also remembers when you relog back to put you back where you were you were last. Hence not having to hit the COINS tab to get where I usually am.