• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Registry Sets Coming Your Way!

34 posts in this topic

Twenty Cent pieces - proofs in particular. (Please include display only slot for 1875-S BMP)

Type sets by denomination - I would be intrigued by a dollar type set and it's actually a good starting point for a complete type set. Completing the complete set one denomination at a time seems like a good way to go about it - having the positive feedback of a separate set would keep the task enjoyable and make it seem easier than it truly is!

I like your idea about type sets by denomination TDN! Great incentive-maker.

I still hope the varieties will be removed from the main sets smile.gif.

Hoot

Dena,

I just tried to add my Early Dollars because I saw it listed as an option for dollars. I didn't notice until after I had added my coins that it was still under construction.

Any idea when it'll be ready?

Linda's Daddy

Dena:

What about Type Sets by Denomination (i.e. Seated Liberty Dimes)? To try and assemble a complete set of any Seated Lib. Series is a major financial doing, if you even can find some of the dates and mint marks.

You said it sounded like a good idea, and I am waiting in the wings, maybe the next round? I realize that you can not make all of us happy at once. I am just impatiently reminding you. SMILE.

• Administrator

Linda's Daddy,

The Early Dollars should be ready in a couple of days. I will go ahead and get your entries verified. I'll send you a pm when the set is ready to go so you can pull your coins into a set.

Dena

I noticed that they were working on one gold type set which is, as yet not ready. I feel sure that others will follow since many of us have expressed an interest in gold sets.

Twenty-cent sets (MS and PF) were posted last night. I was going to wait to include these in an announcement covering several new sets, but since you asked . . .

Since the special short sets seem to be going up, how about a short set of Wartime Jefferson nickels ('42-'45). I suppose it could be MS and proof together (although I've focused on the MS!)

Hoot

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That would be easy enough to do. It would not include the single proof, since we don't mix proofs and currency strikings in any of our sets.

Anyone else interested in such a set? Let us know.

Well David, if no one else wishes to pipe up, you can be guaranteed that I'll be the first to register my wartime Jeffs in a '42-'45 short set. Just the fact that it's there would probably attract some attention wink.gif!

Thanks! Hoot

Geez, Keith, an All Time Type Set. How inclusive would this set be (i.e. dimes: a 14 coin set or an 8 dime set)?? God! The thought of finding all the Half Dollar varieties makes me have bad dreams!

This could be a major undertaking if you count only the major varieties. That is the thing that I never liked about Capital Plastics holders is: that they did not include most of the varieties. However, where do you draw the line and say this is enough to meet the intent of this collection, as far as completeness is concerned?

I think that the current 20th Century sets and the Classic Gold Type sets are good indicators to the kind of Copper, Silver, Nickel Type sets that are needed for 19th and 18th Century coins.

Also at the risk of being repetitious, I'd like to see a short set of wartime Jeffs added and I'd like to see the varieties lifted from the buffalo nickel set (i.e., the 1914/3, 1918/7, 1937-D 3-legged, and 1938-D/S), and put in a set of their own along side such other issues as known 2-feather varieties, major OMMs, DDOs and DDRs! mad.gifsmile.gifwink.gif

Hoot

It would not include the single proof, since we don't mix proofs and currency strikings in any of our sets.

Why is this exactly? Seems to me the sets should reflect the way that most collectors collect. Granted, in the majority of sets such as Merc Dimes and Buffalo Nickels collectors would just collect circulations strikes or proofs as separate sets. But in a type set it seems much more likely that proofs might be included as part of such a set. Precluding proofs from the overall type set doesn't seem correct.

JMHO

Jefferson Wartime Nickels 1942-1945!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's up! Now all that has to happen is that it gets added to the drop-down menu option for the Add/Manage Sets! wink.gif

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Hoot

Not just terse! Concise, brief, short, compact, pithy, succinct, laconic, sentitious, crisp, epigrammatic, aphoristic, distilled, condensed, compendious, abbreviated, abridged, concentrated, brusque, blunt, and damn near petulant!!! laugh.gif

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoot