• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith Love resigns from ICG - Citing a personal preference

5 posts in this topic

Press Release

For Immediate Release

Re: Keith Love resigns from ICG

Effective January 31, 2007, Keith Love will resign from Independent Coin Grading (ICG). Citing a personal preference to spend more time with his family, Keith, has chosen to retire from the professional coin grading business after a career at both PCGS and ICG. James Taylor rejoined ICG and has replaced Keith as CEO. With the addition of Michael Fahey and James Davis, Mr. Love greatly reduced his grading room duties over the last 18 months

“ICG clients will experience the same quality grading,” stated James Taylor, “Keith has not regularly finalized standard submissions in over a year and a half. Michael Fahey, J.P. Martin, James Davis, Larry Wilson, and the rest of the ICG grading team are committed as ever to the quality of the ICG product.”

After over nine years and having previously sold his shares in the company, Keith Love leaves behind his co-founders: J.P. Martin, James Taylor, Walt Armitage, Larry Wilson and Brett Williams.

Keith reflected, “I am proud of the company we have created. Working with my co-founders, the last decade at ICG has been one of the great experiences of my life. I have also had the pleasure of working with long-time friends like Lew Larsen, who has moved on to grade at PCGS, and Walt Armitage, one of my favorite persons on this earth.”

Keith continued, “We have certified over 3 million coins while doing some fun and interesting things. I am pretty sure all involved will never forget grading the Parmalee-Reed 1804 dollar, probably worth over $4 million dollars – what a NICE coin! It was also a pleasure working with the Secret Service on a counterfeit modern platinum coin.”

Keith’s departure was planned after a diagnosis of idiopathic Heart Failure three-years ago. Keith’s prognosis is now considered excellent as his heart has improved over the past three years through diet, drugs and doctors.

“My main reason for leaving is to spend more time with my family. This was spurred on by the scare of my heart problem and the birth of my first child 7 months ago. My health is good and I have been blessed financially so it only makes sense to me to be with my wife and son as much as possible,” concluded Keith.

On a part-time basis, Keith will pursue business interests in the areas of Real Estate and Injection Molding. He will also continue to help his wife Shannon with their volunteer work at the Francis Center Homeless Shelter in Denver. Please contact Cheryl at ICG regarding donations to this year’s fundraiser auction for the shelter.

I don't presume to know what effect this will have on ICG but I am glad Mr.Taylor has rejoined them. I have only had one dealing with him and in that I found him to be courteous, professional and gentlemanly. I wish him the best at his new post.