• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Follow the lead - Country, denomination, date or the profile on the Obverse.

257 posts in this topic

The coins in question are the Qing Dynasty Emperors date from 1616 to 1911. My question is there any value on these type of coins?
Of course. c013.gif

Depending on grade, denomination, variety, which provincial or imperial mint produced them, and many, many other factors, they are all worth >1¢, and there aren't too many worth >$25,000.

If your inquiry is about specific coin(s) why not start a new thread and post some pictures?

1911 - A good year ..........
Nice coin smile.gif

Here's another 1911 (actually 1909-11) and dragon:

China-Kwangtung_1909-11_S20C_Dragon_800x400.jpg

Let me know what you think of the coin and grade.

I am guessing this is Chinese? I have never seen any before. It is nice, with great details. It is amazing at some of the diversity in design/details of foreign coins, both gold and silver compared to US. Don't take me wrong, I love US coins, but there is a lot of beauty out there from other countries.

Grade for this one? MS-65 or perhaps a grade or two higher up to 67 perhaps?

Here is a 1911 Gold 20 Francs in keeping with the year, your turn to guess the grade on this one.

Rey

1911FranceG20FMS65.jpg

1911FranceG20FMS65R.jpg

Nice, the older year definitely has more character than the newer one of mine. That is the only France Gold piece that I own. Question - What is the significance of the Rooster, I have noticed it on several French coins but have never read why that is?

Here is a 1974 5 Francs, part of a 1974 Mint Set (Fleurs De Coins). I like the obverse of the coin.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Thanks for the link, very interesting history. I have always enjoyed the animals represented on Canadian Coins as well.

Here is a 1919 50 Centimas which is probably not worth much but the toning/color has always fascinated me.

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

I am guessing this is Chinese? I have never seen any before. It is nice, with great details. It is amazing at some of the diversity in design/details of foreign coins, both gold and silver compared to US. Don't take me wrong, I love US coins, but there is a lot of beauty out there from other countries.
I agree, some of my favorite coin designs are non-US. You are correct, this is a Chinese coin from Kwang-Tung province which surrounds Hong Kong. As was discussed in another thread earlier, there are many Romanizations of Chinese. Kwang-Tung was later Romanized as Canton and more recently Guangdong. All three are Romanizations correspond to the same Chinese name.
Grade for this one? MS-65 or perhaps a grade or two higher up to 67 perhaps?
It's in a PCGS MS64 holder. I've noticed that many of your coins are NGC so NGC MS-65 was a good guess. thumbsup2.gif
Here is a 1911 Gold 20 Francs in keeping with the year, your turn to guess the grade on this one.
That's a nice design, especially the wreath around her head and the flowing curls. Unfortunately I inadvertently cheated on the grade as I looked through your other threads for comparison. I was going to guess MS65 after thinking it had more marks on the fields than than you 1981 Mexico and perhaps the same as the 1930 Switzerland but then the very next coin is this one so I'll have to pass and guess the grade on a different coin in the future. I'm not very experienced at grading so more practice is a good thing smile.gif

Sorry been away for a while been scanning coins for my next sale about 250 scanned so far .. so i gess i will use one of them!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

#

1731671-FranceAlgeriar.jpg

1731671-FranceAlgeria.jpg

France and Algeria !!! hi.gif

1731671-FranceAlgeria.jpg.2caa9239dcf5d1ad3f475acc7ced4022.jpg

I realize this is one post late, but regarding the Saudia Arabia coin, here is one I have that I am not 100% sure about. I have it noted as a One Riyal. Date range of 1935-1950. But that is as close as I have been able to come. It looks very much like you coin but silver.

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841-1.jpg

Ahhh The Swiss...........

I think the reverse pic I took on the dark side of the alps. I will need to redo at some point.

1930BSwitzerland20FGMS65.jpg

1930BSwitzerland20FGMS652.jpg

Hi all and thanks for the welcome.

I will return with another New Zealand 20c coin that features the Kiwi. This one like the last is dated 1980 the difference being the Mint of origin. Here this coin was struck by the Royal Canadian Mint in Winnipeg. Can you see the "mintmark" difference between the two coins? Perhaps look at the font style of the date for one.

198020cRCMobv.jpg

198020cRCMrev.jpg

I like researching and collecting die varieties.

Wayne

Welcome to the Boards Wayne, wait a minute what is this Wayne's World Dooley?

Anyways, in keeping with the theme and honoring Australia for our new member here is a 1963 Shilling and Six Pence (with a bird).

Rey

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Thanks for the Aussie welcome. In keeping with the current country and year I offer you the pad painted Proof and Uncirculated issues of the 2002 Year of the Outback $1. The obverse not shown is the same as the $2 coin above - Ian Rank-Broadley's effigy of Queen Elizabeth II (She is Queen of Australia and turned 81 on 21 April.)

2002_Outback_Proof.jpg2002_Outback.jpg

Cheers

Wayne

I would like to share with you some of our other dollar coins that have a stylised map of Australia reverse and proof with colour pad printing.

2001 Centenary of Federation $1 uncirculated and colour pad printed Proof.

2001_Federation.jpg2001_Federation_Proof.jpg

and the Pure Gold Proof (unfortunately I missed out on getting the 2001 Gold Proof Year set with this coin in.

2001COFgoldproof.jpg

2003 Australia's Volunteers $1 uncirculated, colour pad printed Proof and Pure Silver Proof.

2003_Volunteers.jpg2003_Volunteers_Proof.jpg2003_Volunteers_Silver_Proof.jpg

All these $1 coins have a diameter of 25mm. The normal metal content is Aluminium Bronze. Sorry about the size difference of the images. thumbsup2.gif

Those are real nice Dollar coins there. I did not realize that some of your coins there actually had colour in them. I like that bit of added touch, they look nice.

Here is an example of the first Australian Dollar Coin - Issued May 14, 1984.

My father always liked Austrailian Coins just as Canadian because of the quality and the overall "beauty" of the designs.

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

Rey