• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I accidentally damaged an NGC holder

5 posts in this topic

I accidentally damaged an NGC holder which was from my last submission. I pinched the left lower corner off of it in a safe door. The coin is still inside intact no damage. Can I send this in piggy back with my next submission for which I have a coupon and have it shipped back to me with my submission for one time shipping charge? If so how much cost for re holder? Thanks in advance.

• Administrator

Your coin should be placed on an NGC submission invoice requesting Reholder service. The charge to have a coin reholdered is $5.

Yes, it is possible to combine shipping. You can write "Ship with # (provide invoice number)" prominently on the form or use the ship with option on the online submission form.

Note that if the holder is damaged such that the coin can be removed or manipulated in any way, the coin must be regraded to be reholder. In such cases, full grading fees apply.

i just sold a Franklin Half NGC MS-65 via Ebay. The buyer emailed me on receipr and was unhappy. Coin was great. But he conplained that the back NGC insignia on the holder was partly missing. He says this "voids" the grade! I say this is common and has no impact on grad. Rest of holder is just fine. Who is right?

• Administrator

In the absence of any other tampering, the peeling of NGC hologram does not void the grade, and this coin can be submitted for a simple reholder service. All reholder submissions are examined by NGC graders to verify the integrity of the holder and the accuracy of the grade.

Improvements in plastics molding technology over the past few years mean that holograms should not peel off from current issue NGC holders.