Post your most recent acquisition: World
23 23

1,937 posts in this topic

14 posts

Hi All, new here, these are some of my coins that  were sent to be graded, tested with five first (I noticed that some of these certified image captures have the cert# off on many of the posts, so I went and did the same), please have a look:

image.png.9f37927d4369fba34f99e0e894f91053.png

Two of this:

image.png.5fecf83f45204caf6b9488458eab98c8.png

Two of this:

image.png.d4e8cae0a1b9a060db3de8d8b22758f2.png

On the lot I bougth, among many other coin types, from these 1935 10 Centavos were 22 in the same of better conditions from the samples shown above, waiting for the grades (my order status it is scheduled for grading) and btw, have the plan of selling these as a lot too, will see where ends :).

Thanks!

Luis.-

Edited by ELuis
minor typo

7,435 posts

I recently bought this one from the Royal Canadian Mint, it was interesting for a couple of reasons.  First, I have an affinity for coins featuring trains and ships, and this one features two different views of the ship, coming and going so to speak, which I thought was interesting and well executed.  The second reason, is that although this ship is now in Canada, it used to be a museum in Saugatuck, Michigan, where I toured the ship before it was moved back in 2012, so I've actually been onboard this exact ship.

2020 Keewatin Obverse.jpg

2020 Keewatin Reverse.jpg

1,171 posts
On September 21, 2020 at 9:17 AM, jtryka said:

I recently bought this one from the Royal Canadian Mint, it was interesting for a couple of reasons.  First, I have an affinity for coins featuring trains and ships, and this one features two different views of the ship, coming and going so to speak, which I thought was interesting and well executed.  The second reason, is that although this ship is now in Canada, it used to be a museum in Saugatuck, Michigan, where I toured the ship before it was moved back in 2012, so I've actually been onboard this exact ship.

2020 Keewatin Obverse.jpg

2020 Keewatin Reverse.jpg

Personal connections to certain coins are always interesting. Well done.

1,171 posts
On September 15, 2019 at 10:24 PM, Norinn Radd said:

Happy to acquire my first shield back sovereign recently.  Not in the nicest condition, but :takeit:.

1884_sovereign_small.thumb.jpg.dfdfcd153dc53d101e88114cf577609a.jpg

Nice going - hope it's the first of many. Great series to collect.

275 posts
On 9/22/2020 at 12:39 AM, Yarm said:

An 1869 medal by Bianchi, 74mm. Its cardboard case has the notation "Brought from Rome, 1872. Souvenir of the English Department." 

469809566_186970mmbyBianchiB-8.thumb.jpg.02e8d8712c1641827eaaf282b9661756.jpg

This is absolutely stunning!

4,202 posts

Love this new little minor silver coin I got from a PCGS forum member.

For those of you who like history, this little coin was issued by Ernest August, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (1661-1692) and after this coin was issued, later the Elector-designate of Hanover. If you follow British lineage at all, Ernest August was the father of the eventual George I of Great Britain. He was married to Sophia of the Palatinate - an heir through the Stuart line of the British royal family. All of the Hanover line of British Regents from George I through Queen Victoria were descendants of Ernest August.

As for the coin - it is a two year type (1681 and 1686). The Mariengroschen is a division unit of the Hanover Thaler. There were 36 Mariengroschen to the Thaler - thus this coin had a value of 1/9 of a Thaler.

The legends read:

SOLA BONA QUAE HONESTA - The only good things are those which are honorable.

ERN:AUG.D.G.EP:OSN.D.B.&L. - Ernest Augustus, by the grace of God, Bishop of Osnabrück, Duke of Brunswick and Lüneburg.

1681_Brunswick_4MG_NGC_MS64plus_composit

15 posts

Very nice looking coin and addition to your collection.  The concise writeup you add is appreciated as well.