• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
7 7

2,319 posts in this topic

Yarm,

Crust is good..... headbang.gif

Dooley,

is that a French Coin-1927? If so what is it. Very good shape it appears.

Here is an interesting Russian piece I came across while sorting through my world coins this last weekend. I had never seen this one before in the collection, was at the bottom of a box marked "circulated foreign silver" that my Dad had put aside.

Rey

IMG_0550-1.jpg

IMG_0548-1.jpg

IMG_0549-1.jpg

MergedFatherTime.jpg

In a weak moment I purchased this 38mm white metal somethingorother. I liked the design and "Hancock" and "PK" on the base suggests the Conder era. So far I've come up blank so I wonder if anyone recognizes it?

Apparently this is a British Historical Medal commemorating the union of Ireland and Great Britain. Thus, my latest acquistion, Volumn I, British Historical Medals, 1760- by Lawrence. It's winging it's way to me at only triple the price of the medal! (Reminds me of how pricey Dalton & Hamer is in relation to the typlcal Conder token.)

Nice set

Brings back memories of braking them open to get the Mint coin out to swap at school.. devil.gif

And you got a lot of sweets for the rest of the coins insane.gif

Couldn't get good images of this 1/2P with the heavily scratched slab so I sent it back for reholdering.

GBHalfpennyPeck1370.jpg

Still a bit tricky to photograph with the coin tilted in the slab (sigh).

I just received the grading results on some World Coins one of which is this 1932 Panama 1/4 Balboa. It came back as Cleaned with MS 60 details.

I am trying to determine a reasonable value for this coin in this condition. Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Rey

PanamaBalboaObv.jpg

PanamaBalboaRev.jpg

Do i remember this coin from before 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Price ? hard one Xf $75 Unc $300 gess i would think around the $100 mark 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

just had to post this hear Happy now MM

1761059-G.jpg1761059-gr.jpg

hi.gif

1761059-gr.jpg.80e9108014a8be847b7e90c5d65f712f.jpg

Edited by dooly

Dooley,

Yes it is the same but before I did not realize it was "cleaned". Just trying to determine any value to it.

Thanks,

Rey

Yarm,

Nice looking, what is the metal composition of those? I can see that it does in fact have a rather thick fim. A strong looking coin, with a very nice Obverse profile.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Rey

Here is one I got back today from grading, an 1883 Hawaii Quarter Dollar - AU 58. Does anyone have a general idea of an approximate value of this in this condition?.

Thanks Rey

1883HawaiiQuarterDollarObvAU58.jpg

1883HawaiiQuarterDollarRevAU58.jpg

Good condition frog yarm...

1/2 dollar rey XF price $250 - Unc $975 mintage of 700,000

so i think about $250-$300 or more on eBay 27_laughing.gif

ps like it lots !!!!!

Thanks Irvin and Dooley,

I also received back from NGC some Canadian Coins I had graded. Mainly to use as a guide myself in determing the grade of other Canadian coins in my possession. Here are four of the Dollars

1949 MS 65

1953 NSF MS 63

1964 PL 61

1967 MS 63

1949CanadaDollarObvMS65-1.jpg

1949CanadaDollarRevMS65-1.jpg

1953CanadaDollarObvMS63.jpg

1953CanadaDollarRevMS63.jpg

1964CanadaDollarObvPL61JPG.jpg

1964CanadaDollarRevPL61-2.jpg

1967CanadaDollarObvMS63.jpg

1967CanadaDollarRevMS63.jpg

Just some thin a little older for you all ? do you know what it is ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1770232-1718.jpg

1770232-1718r.jpg

hi.gif

1770232-1718r.jpg.9fcc2d57fa59719f00c7c62e1343e04d.jpg

Edited by dooly

From the legends I would say a 4 Maravedis of Phillip V, but it doesn't seem to match any of the descriptions of KM#303-305, and my old 3rd Ed. 18th Century Krause has no pictures. frown.gif

Got this today

Prince phillips visit to North america (which you may have seen posted on the USA site}

i have now found out that its a Sterling silver issue from Spinks and son and is a "limited eddition" its number is 215

i also found out why he was in canada in 1966 March 21 to March 23 3 Official Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal; to present Medals to the recipients of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

Wonder who has Number 1.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1771519-%A3.jpg

Edited by dooly

Nice Yarm like that no matter what its made of thumbsup2.gif

I picked up this at a local car boot sale today for £5 i have not looked in to it yet but it seems quite intresting and came in its origanl box

1772714-t.jpg

1772714-t1.jpg

1772714-tb.jpg

hi.gif

1772714-tb.jpg.d44dcb8e257d89c9717fa08595671dd1.jpg

Edited by dooly

An interesting memento of the final battles of WWII in Europe - from the Normandy Invasion to VE Day. thumbsup2.gif

Two days I remember well. On both 6/6/44 and 5/8/45 I was excused from all my regular school work to monitor the radio and write up the news for our school newspaper.

According to what I found on a combination of multiple websites in a Google search

• the Westminster Dragoons are a British Armored Corps unit, which is (or was) a part of the British Territorial Army, possibly a rough equivalent of our National Guard, which has served in Iraw during the present unpleasantries
  • "B.L.A." is an abbreviation for the British Liberation Army.

Edited by satootoko

George III 1817 by Webb/Depaulis in 41mm bronze. An obverse cliche of Mudie's medals commemorating British Victories.

GeorgeIIIcliche000072cutout-1.jpg

Stunning Yarm thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Have you seen the new set from the royal mint "the great seals of the Realm"

what a stunning bit of work bar the George V one which is not to my taste but the rest are stunning shame about the £1,495 price (6 coins & box)

Pretty, Dooly! But like much of the US and Canadian moderns, they're simply too easy to find and buy. For some reason I appreciate an item more if it takes a bit of time to hunt and capture it. crazy.gif

PS-"Local car boot sale"?- I'm presuming this is where folks sell things out of their car trunks in what we might think of as an outdoor flea market or rummage sale.