• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
7 7

2,319 posts in this topic

Here's a 2003 Silver Britannia (Helmeted Britannia) I just picked up. Most of her 8 sisters are going to be sold, but I might hang onto a few. The coin is brilliant and lovely but she's going to be sent packing once I find a certified version. Enjoy!

1567827-brit_03ms_850.jpg

1567827-brit_03ms_850.jpg.18fe186b898c851888e1c8e4618f3fad.jpg

Way to go Doogy !!! Nice coin.

Wondering ... Have you given up on gold ??

Hi Conrad, nice to see you over here!

nah, i still have a good deal of my gold. My wife asked me a pointed question recently. "if you're after the more artistic and beautiful world coins, why would you limit yourself to gold?!" duh, she had a point. I'm starting to branch out a bit with other stuff, picking it up when it strikes my eye.

Doug

My wife asked me a pointed question recently. "if you're after the more artistic and beautiful world coins, why would you limit yourself to gold?!" duh, she had a point. I'm starting to branch out a bit with other stuff, picking it up when it strikes my eye.

Doug

Doug, you should have looked her in the eye and said - "Oh my gosh! You're right! I didn't think about platinum before!" Then shuffle off mumbling, "Now where'd I put my credit card?"

My wife asked me a pointed question recently. "if you're after the more artistic and beautiful world coins, why would you limit yourself to gold?!" duh, she had a point. I'm starting to branch out a bit with other stuff, picking it up when it strikes my eye.

Doug

Doug, you should have looked her in the eye and said - "Oh my gosh! You're right! I didn't think about platinum before!" Then shuffle off mumbling, "Now where'd I put my credit card?"
Just make that "Now where'd I put your credit card?" and you'd have a match for the US Mint story ATS 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

nah, i still have a good deal of my gold. My wife asked me a pointed question recently. "if you're after the more artistic and beautiful world coins, why would you limit yourself to gold?!" duh, she had a point. I'm starting to branch out a bit with other stuff, picking it up when it strikes my eye.

Doug

Well good luck in your "branching out" I know you have a good eye for coins !!

Edited by Silvereagle82

Doug

Just make that "Now where'd I put your credit card?" and you'd have a match for the US Mint story ATS 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Michael,

lol! yeah, i dropped the ball there. Go ahead and PM me your phone number and i'll let YOU tell her. She can unleash her fury on someone other than me for once!

laugh.gif

Doug

Well good luck in your "branching out" I know you have a good eye for coins !!

thanks! I'm having fun so far. I updated my Signature Set to include few new (silver) finds, but have many more to list when i take some scans this weekend.

Michael,

lol! yeah, i dropped the ball there. Go ahead and PM me your phone number and i'll let YOU tell her. She can unleash her fury on someone other than me for once!

laugh.gif

No thanks - I already have one wife to deal with smile.gif She's wonderful, but I don't need the extra work. 27_laughing.gif

While I don't have this one in hand yet, I confirmed today that it's on its way to me. It's a 1642 German (Augsburg) Taler. I've been looking for one of these for a while. Unc examples are available with some regularity, but are very popular and sell quickly.

augsburgo.jpg

augsburgr.jpg

Described by the seller as having beautiful toning and the condition of "Superbe à Fleur de Coin (EF - Unc.)" which usually translates to Choice BU - Gem BU. The grading by the seller is usually fine, but this coin was priced way too cheap, so I'm a little nervous about it.

This Conder token is Midd Kempson's 62, part of a series featuring British buildings. It makes me happy!

MergedMiddlesex622.jpg

Edited by yarm

5 sen, Meiji 10 (1877), 1.34g .800 silver, ASW .0321g, Y#22, Type 1. The coin was graded VF by the seller, but in hand it displays considerable luster that unfortunately doesn't show up in my AG-grade images.

5senO.jpg5senR.jpg

1608158-5senO.jpg.6c6f1bb6729267e20f9ad49e4a36c25d.jpg

Edited by satootoko

Don't know what I am doing wrong. Both pictures show up in my preview, but only the reverse is in the actual post. foreheadslap.gif

Edited: And now it's gone away. In edit mode the tags and URL show up. HELP.

1608164-5senR.jpg.3d687ab37f2fe84e37c8a5119beed1f2.jpg

Edited by satootoko

Pics courtesy of the world wide web:

a) 500 Yuan 2007 China Panda gold bought at the FUN Coin Show early January

rarecoins_1931_360213.gif

b) $50 2005 Jamaica Bob Marley 60 Year Anniversary silver commem from eBay late January (my Marley coin series is complete again - until next time they issue another one)

Bob_Marley_Coin.jpg

cool.gifcool.gif

I find it pretty amazing that such a pristine reverse is can be mated to that obverse.. foreheadslap.gif

My feelings exactly. I will say, though, that my choice of lighting tends to accentuate the marks - the coin is rather nicer in-hand. Both faces would have looked similar, had I chosen to flood the picture.

It'll be upgraded in the future. I want the nicest-possible '37 as I can't exactly afford something similar in a '38. smile.gif