• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week #7 – Dena is away but the game must go on!

27 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Here we go....

What caused the 1955 "Bugs Bunny" half dollar?

First post that correctly answers the above question wins a certificate for 3 Free NGC Earlybird Submissions.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Either die chips or clash marks created the Bugs Bunny Franklin of '55.

But maybe it was REALLY because they used 24 carrot planchets! laugh.gif

Hoot

In 1955, due to either a die chip, or clash marks one variety of the Franklin half was referred to as the "Bugs Bunny Franklin", it appeared to make Benjamin Franklin look like he has buck teeth.

• Administrator

The question:

What caused the 1955 "Bugs Bunny" half dollar?

The answer:

A die clash left an impression of the eagle's feathers in the area of Franklin's mouth.

The winner is tradedollarnut!

Your prize is a certificate for 3 Free NGC Earlybird submissions.

The winner of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly.....rockhobby!

Your prize is the Intercept Shield Double Protection Box System (holds 10 graded coins).

Prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks to all who played and thanks to Gemma for posting in my absence. See you back here on Friday for week #8

smile.gif

Thanks all! No TDN, my nick is a misnomer. I used to set (& collect) gemstones some years back as a hobby. Lost interest when telemarketers got into the game. "rockhobby" is a hold over from that period of time.

Gemma, David, Dena and others... I just received my Intercept Shield certified coin boxes and a copy of the NGC cencus report in the mail. Thank you VERY much! I am humbled by the generosity of your contest! (By the way, I decided to use the IS technology for all of my graded coins a few months ago. So this prize is truly a gift!) smile.gif

Many thanks, Hoot

Oops! This was for week 6! (Can this be moved?)