• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 64 - It's 9:34pm on a Friday night...

29 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Name the only United States coin design to have its mintmark location moved twice.

First post that correctly answers wins 1 free early bird submission.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Jefferson Nickel,

Right of Monticello, above Monticello, and below the date.

-JamminJ

Jefferson nickel! Once in the 1942-45 wartime nickels to above Monticello (then back to its original location to the right of Monticello) and once again to its obverse in 1968 (below the date). smile.gif

Hoot

I know I know I am to late but I had to pipe in and say the Jefferson Nickel

1938-1942 on back on side of building

1942-1945 on back on top of dome

1946-1964 on back on side of building

1968 to present on front

QUESTION: Name the only United States coin design to have its mintmark location removed twice.

ANSWER: The Jefferson Nickel

The winner is dragon!

Your prize is 1 free early bird submission.

Runner up winner is carter haines! You will be receiving a display box.

Your prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks for your participation!

So, let me ask a stupid question.

How many answers is a single poster permitted? For example, if I'd posted nine incorrect responses and got it right on the tenth try, and all ten responses arrived before anyone else's, would I have been the winner?

In my opinion (since nobody asked), carterhaines is the legitimate winner, and no poster should be allowed more than one answer. Fair is fair.

Beijim