• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,441 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2021 at 5:28 PM, Ray, USMC said:

Gorgeous coin.

I nominate this coin for a complimentary grading by a grading service -- on the arm -- free/gratis, to drum up interest for the benefit of all parties... the common man, the collector, the numismatist and TPGS that recognizes an opportunity to promote the hobby.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I nominate this coin for a complimentary grading by a grading service -- on the arm -- free/gratis, to drum up interest for the benefit of all parties... the common man, the collector, the numismatist and TPGS that recognizes an opportunity to promote the hobby.

I would 2nd that nomination and bow to your suggestion I being the common man. 

9 hours ago, leeg said:

Nice

9 hours ago, leeg said:

Nice

If God created anything better, He kept it for himself.

9 hours ago, leeg said:

thumbnail 1940 1c Combo 4.png

Attn: VKurtB.  Surely you cannot find anything truly objectionable with the comparatively mild toning of this Denver example?  (No one denies the scuff mark on the right ear of the wheat stalk is unfortunate.)

51 minutes ago, ldhair said:

29.jpg

30.jpg

There is absolutely nothing I do not like about this coin. There is a strong suggestion of Mint State-ishness but to what tenth of a degree, I don't know.  One side rates a solid + in my book. You really do love your Lincolns!

On 3/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, AcesKings said:

1909VDB.jpg.569ee54902ae167a21dcbfb43d114ca5.jpg1909VDBR.jpg.aa4704f098b87a50dada15817c5725ed.jpg

Hard to believe those three little Capitalized letters (with periods) on the bottom reverse caused such a furor.  For those new to the hobby, see if you can spot them with the unaided eye recessed.(incused) bas-relief, deep within the truncated ridge of Lincoln's right shoulder at the bottom of the obverse side..Now think, would you be able to do such a magnificent job of producing hundreds of thousands of them speedily, under great pressure?  The 1909-s V.D.B. in what was known then as Gem Brilliant Unciculated condition was the first coin I ever0 bought with earnings as a delivery boy, aged 15, at $1.25/hr. + tips from Stack's for $200. Needless to say, my mother was incredulous: "You paid two hundred dollars -- for a penny!" I certainly did. A bright red beautiful one cent piece in a paper flip which I sold years later after they had taken silver out of coins, and the thrill for me, was gone.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Edit Provided in the public interest.