• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,440 posts in this topic

Did they have those in 1807 Hayden....I am a little rusty on my history? The only thing I remember was Chris chopped down a cherry tree or something like that? confused-smiley-013.gif

shy.gif

That was my brother, George. Honest! Why would I want to chop down a cherry tree? I love cherries! I could eat them all day.

Chris

Okay. it looks like we've had a break in the action so I'm throwing in another wild card. For this 350th Anniversary medal, you can use any of the dates listed, beginning or ending, or bronze (as in Roman, Hayden) or Rhode Island. First come, first served!

1260940-IMG_0478.JPG1260940-IMG_0479.JPG

Chris

1260940-IMG_0479.JPG.38cd0ea8c1b3aa3b8cfa357cde75d676.JPG

Edited by cpm9ball

Hey,where'd New Hampshire go wink.gif

BTW,they're silver... frown.gif

I was thinking one state and posting another. My faux pas! What, you've never heard of Roman bronze?

Chris

I was thinking one state and posting another. My faux pas! What, you've never heard of Roman bronze?

Chris

No, the ones I have are silver makepoint.gif

Well, you'd better hope that someone has a Roman bronze so you can get started or at least in the ballpark.

Chris

Okay. it looks like we've had a break in the action so I'm throwing in another wild card. For this 350th Anniversary medal, you can use any of the dates listed, beginning or ending, or bronze (as in Roman, Hayden) or Rhode Island. First come, first served!

1260940-IMG_0478.JPG1260940-IMG_0479.JPG

Chris

I posted this as a wild card. You can use any of the three dates, bronze or Rhode Island.

This will be my last post until June 17 or so. Mom and I are off for Las Vegas in 2 hours. Best wishes to everyone and be safe.

Chris

Mark, if you see this, I'll call you on Friday.

Victor, I'll see you next Wednesday.

Not a great image but it's an 1891. smile.gif

1891toneddime9ak.jpg

Sorry. Edit to add, it's a dime. smile.gif

Edited by ldhair

In my opinion, it looks like bag toning and it also appears that you can see a partial textile print on Ms Liberty's face. Textile toning is very rare if it occurs outside of a Mint bag.

Bag toning all the way. It would appear that the coin sat at the side of the bag with another coin covering all but the right side of the obverse so after what one can only assume was many decades....the very vibrant rainbow toning formed. Then at some point the bag was moved or shifted and presumably the entire Obverse was then positioned against the side of the bag which is why we see the textile across the cheek and left side field.

If the coin had been allowed to sit in the bag longer......I am sure the textile toning would have been quite spectacular but alas someone threw a monkey wrench in mother natures handy work sorry.gif

There is an image of an 1889 Liberty nickel here in front of me, but I don't want to kill the thread, so here is another Morgan. It's an 1881-S and is my only Morgan. blush.gif

600_Copy_2_of_new-200.jpg

600_Copy_2_of_new-220.jpg