• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting proofs

11 posts in this topic

I have a few silver Panda proof coins that I want to submit to NGC for certification and grading. They came in an air-tite type plastic holder and I do not want to remove and put in one of the softer plastic holders. Can I submit them like this or will NGC simply send them back?

Thank you,

Regis

• Administrator

Hi Regis:

Yes, NGC encourages you to submit your modern Proof coins in capsules. Our staff is very experienced at removing coins from these capsules and you will not be charged an additional fee for this service. Furthermore, they are very effective at preventing damage to your coins during shipping.

We do not return capsules or orignal packaging to you. Anything of this type which you would like to retain should not be sent with your submission.

you will not be charged an additional fee for this service.

Could you clarify for me...I thought it was a dollar per capsule.

Thanks,

Zach

• Administrator

Very recently we changed our policy regarding capsule removal because we think it is clearly to the submitter's benefit to send us modern proof coins in their original capsules.

Our $1 per coin removal fee now applies only to stapled flips, taped flips, or any other non-government issue coin holder that requires additional/excessive handling time.

Let me be the first to say thank you! hail.gif

I just submitted 125 Pandas and taking them out of the pasttic holders was a pain and I was worried about damaging them. This is clearly a win for customers!

That explains my last submission. I usually prepare myself for the addition of a couple bucks to my charge card. However it didn't happen and I just thought I was special. cloud9.gif Oh well, I guess we're all special. This is why NGC always gets 100% of my business! grin.gif

I am about to send a 1982 Proof Set in for Grading and Encapsulation into a Multicoin Holder. With in the set is a US Mint PROOF Token - Can I have that included into the MULTIHOLDER also ???

I am about to send a 1982 Proof Set in for Grading and Encapsulation into a Multicoin Holder. With in the set is a US Mint PROOF Token - Can I have that included into the MULTIHOLDER also ???

No, we do not grade or holder these at this time.