Post your most recent acquisition: US
22 22

19,786 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Re the '61 Roosevelt... in the world of Peter Paul Mounds, this would be characterized as "indescribably delicious."  In the staid world of numismatics, it would be assigned a hyphenated number.

Thank you, that’s always nice to hear.  I think it’s pretty too.

not bad for a pawn shop, acquired a 1885 morgan in au 50, 2 barber half dollars a 1882 s, and an avg one...a key date mercury dime 1892...and a 1912 liberty nickle. All for 65 bucks.......red book puts them just under 200 bucks for all 5 coins in the lowest grade....which these are not.......My biggest problem...selling , between ebay and paypal and taxes......I'm better off bargaining in the black market,lol.

6 hours ago, rocket23 said:

My biggest problem...selling , between ebay and paypal and taxes......I'm better off bargaining in the black market,lol.

My problem too that goes well beyond coins.  I have a 19th Century hand-blown emerald-green, pedestal eye washer I picked up at a street -- probably someone's equivalent to an interesting roadside stand -- with the original receipt going back about 40 years.  Damned if I am going to a pawnshop to sell it. Unfortunately, eBay, during these times, and depending on where you live, may be your only choice. But I would not be above coin-selling and trading sites on the web.  If you are not in a rush, look around. And best of luck to you!

On 3/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Those are some very impressive and beautiful coins Buffalo Head. E

Where's your Buffalo?    :baiting:

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

My wife took one look at this, and said:  "Il est tres beau!", or It is very beautiful!  And that, it is.

Tell your wife I said, merci😊