8,034 posts
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:01 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Same here leeg....

668840-1.jpg

Nice addition. Lee another nice addition to the birth year set.(thumbsu

473 posts
On 2/12/2019 at 9:18 PM, rrantique said:

Thank You...I've had to force myself not to buy, as I am a coin addict. It's been awhile, so...I add this to the others and will soon have a box of twenty....peace 

264 posts
On 2/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, rrantique said:

Wow! Superb! Speechless! Congratulations, what a beautiful addition to any collection! Howard Hughes How are Ya? 

Capone1929

473 posts

I hold several examples that you can see the difference in the agent strength or amount of time applied in this process.  Curiosity lead to multiple examples and higher grades...All but one will end up at the American Numismatic Association for educational purposes.

672778-1.jpg

Screenshot_20190226-222921.png

473 posts
On 2/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, Outhaul said:

MS-62 PCGS rattler. Scratch obverse right on holder.

1904 $20 Obv.jpg

1904 $20 Rev.jpg

1904 date is fine with me, I like these, some I've owned have a reddish tint...I love this coin congrats!!

473 posts
4 hours ago, Capone1929 said:

1945 D 90% Silver NGC MS66 Washington Quarter

Check the mint mark on that one, I think there's a misplaced "D" for that year, I could be wrong....

264 posts
3 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Check the mint mark on that one, I think there's a misplaced "D" for that year, I could be wrong....

I seen a little about 1945 DDO and DDR varieties of that year and I believe the 43 has a misplaced MM variety but yeah I looked and the mint mark definitely appears to be lower and almost looks like a D over P as it is filled with a tail but not 100% positive if it is an error or variety! Thank you for bringing that to my attention interesting to say the least, Capone1929

Edited by Capone1929
Type O

473 posts
6 hours ago, Capone1929 said:

Thank you for bringing that to my attention interesting to say the least, Capone1929

I can't remember exactly and was too lazy to look it up, I love varieties though...when I was younger I put together some VAM's and loved the experience. I sold off almost all of them and kept a couple rarer ones, on other coins it was the San Fran mintmark I built a collection of. I've noticed I'm getting into patterns now a little but I'm not sure...might go back into 1936-1942 proofs?

264 posts
6 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

I can't remember exactly and was too lazy to look it up, I love varieties though...when I was younger I put together some VAM's and loved the experience. I sold off almost all of them and kept a couple rarer ones, on other coins it was the San Fran mintmark I built a collection of. I've noticed I'm getting into patterns now a little but I'm not sure...might go back into 1936-1942 proofs?

Yeah I have noticed in my research over the years and I still have a lot to learn or want to learn, but I have noticed a lot of varieties maybe majority are in proofs and S proofs, not all but a lot were in Uncirculated coins however the buffalo nickel sure has quite a few circulated varieties, and I'm sure in a lot of other coins possibly undiscovered ones as well, however Its a constant learning experience in numismatics all together, but that's what makes the hobby great I think, an awesome find, learning something that expands my knowledge, or helps my collection expand. Does the reverse of that 45 D look a little rotated to you? It looks rotated a little to me, maybe not enough to demand a premium but does it look like it to you as well?

Edited by Capone1929
Type O

1,863 posts

I see a lot of very pretty pieces here.  Very nice👌🏻👍🏻

3,716 posts
2 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

Here’s a fire Buff.  This one made it through the whole town burning to the ground.

Thanks for looking, Joe

The pictures and stories here and ATS are amazing.

Were there any coins that were not able to be salvaged? I seem to recall you saying that there were a few moderns that did not make it.

1,863 posts
34 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

The pictures and stories here and ATS are amazing.

Were there any coins that were not able to be salvaged? I seem to recall you saying that there were a few moderns that did not make it.

Any coin that was in the crappy safe was totally destroyed.

A4A4A41F-E593-42B2-BBA3-722F3B0971D3.jpeg

Edited by Buffalo Head

6,629 posts

The is a reNEWbie for me - Owned one about 15 years ago and had to sell a few for health expenses.

One of my favorite years because of the low production numbers.

I believe the 2 gashes on her cheek killed her from being a 63 - Its a 62 

Enjoy

1906_1.jpg

1906_2.jpg

Edited by jgrinz

264 posts
1 hour ago, leeg said:

Just pulled the trigger on this one:

eBay%20PF69%20Jeff%20Holder%20Obv.png

Nice!

6,629 posts
2 hours ago, leeg said: