• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,890 posts in this topic

Here are a few NEWPs I've neglected to post here over the past few months. I have a few more that I didn't have photographed. Maybe I'll post them sometime in the future.

NEWPS_zpsuo0yqihr.jpg

Tyler that is a good looking collection of new pickups. I really like that 42, even though the WLH is not my favorite series by far. That 1853 runs a close second for me.

(thumbs u

Love ALL of those. The Walkers are cool and I even like the 1859 quarter...a lot.

jom

1892-93 World's Columbian Exposition, Committee of 100 Citizens Medal. Eglit-98B. White Metal.

Designed by Charles Frederick Naegele and engraved by Gorham Mfg. Co.

tn_1892_exo_11188.jpg

Snagged this one:

Heritage_28Lincoln_65RB_ComboB.jpg

:)

Has some extra metal on the "E" in Liberty on the obverse.

I know this is a darkside coin (sorry), but I thought many of you US collectors may appreciate this design. This matte proof France 1 Franc coin depicts the famous "Sower" design of Louis-Oscar Roty. That name may be foreign (literally) to many of you, but you would likely recognize one of his students' names in Victor David Brenner (of Lincoln Cent design fame). You may also notice the similarities of this coin to the later USA Walking Liberty Half Dollar...and those similarities are thought to be less than coincidence (see Roger Burdette's Renaissance of American Coinage, 1916-1921, page 36 for more information).

I never thought I'd find a nice proof example of this design, but I'm giddy to add this one to my collection.

Cheers, Brandon :grin:

1898_France_1F_NGC_PF64MATTE_composite_zpsdwfkbkn7.jpg

I know this is a darkside coin (sorry), but I thought many of you US collectors may appreciate this design. This matte proof France 1 Franc coin depicts the famous "Sower" design of Louis-Oscar Roty. That name may be foreign (literally) to many of you, but you would likely recognize one of his students' names in Victor David Brenner (of Lincoln Cent design fame). You may also notice the similarities of this coin to the later USA Walking Liberty Half Dollar...and those similarities are thought to be less than coincidence (see Roger Burdette's Renaissance of American Coinage, 1916-1921, page 36 for more information).

I never thought I'd find a nice proof example of this design, but I'm giddy to add this one to my collection.

Very nice! I like the design and find it more aesthetic than much of our (i.e. U.S.) 20th century coinage.

Brandon, I also love the 1898 French Franc. Classic design.

I just added this to my Grandmother's Birth Year set ... It matches

the Dime very well.... ( the larger images are too big, I need to go to

Photobucket to add them here. )

image.jpg1_zpsrvzvmtdc.jpg

image.jpg2_zpskrp8htlx.jpg

153697.jpg.98f71919411ba9b4f1cd000162ea641a.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

Very nice! I like the design and find it more aesthetic than much of our (i.e. U.S.) 20th century coinage.

+1 That's a beauty Brandon.

Brandon, I also love the 1898 French Franc. Classic design.

I just added this to my Grandmother's Birth Year set ... It matches

the Dime very well.... ( the larger images are too big, I need to go to

Photobucket to add them here. )

Sweet. Love that luster/color combo!

Although this is bullion and not really a coin I thought I would post it anyway.

I did some silver for gold trading yesterday and this 1/2 oz AGE was one of the coins. I thought it had pretty nice toning for gold. II hope it is real. :eek:

1994_Gold_25_Dollar_AGE.jpg

Lot of nice coins above mine but I sure do like that Seated Liberty Quarter. I got one coming in that I hope will be photogenic. Actually two.

Good looking coins everyone! :applause:

I particularly like the 1891-S Seated Lib and the '51-D Franklin. (thumbs u (thumbs u That's a tough date/mm for Franklins to find nice toning.

Hey wdrob,

Looks real to me! ;)

Hahaha!

It was a pleasure meeting with you and thanks for the trade.

Good looking coins everyone! :applause:

I particularly like the 1891-S Seated Lib and the '51-D Franklin. (thumbs u (thumbs u That's a tough date/mm for Franklins to find nice toning.

Excellent additions Brandon, Mike and Bill. :applause: (thumbs u

What a classic design, some of my favorite coins when I visited Paris in the mid-1990s...too bad now all you can get are euro tokens!

Wow, some super coins all!!!

Just got this widget ;) for my birth year set:

1957Washie_P66_Cucamonga_ComboB.jpg

Rattler holder.