• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

Wow! Great little half dime it would fit my toned mint state typeset perfectly. grin.gif If you ever want to sell that bad boy I'd be very interested. I do love Bust coinage.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers,

Mark

"Awesome" coins guy's! Just won this one from Morris on eBay, his pic. Will go in my DANSCO 7070:

1964kennedyobv.jpg

1964kennedyrev.jpg

Looks pretty clean with some old album toning.

very nice coins all That 56 Flyer is just wow... Toms coin is wow... IGWT coin is wow... Mikes coins are wow... I like them all The Kennedy has nice toning on it and the morgan Shane posted is really nice... So now I follow it all up with this coin... Enjoy

1941sm.jpg

There are some seriously fantastic coins in this thread! Here is one I picked up at Baltimore.

1198115-E1830P64.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I have seen this coin in hand and it is indeed eye candy and undergraded.

James, I love that series of coins - fantastic! Sorry to be a complete nincompoop, but what is that last coin from 1780? I haven't seen that coin before.

Thanks so much, Winston

Coin post threads are fun. Allow me to share my excitement with you, a coin at the time of our country's Declaration of Independence.

Arrived a couple of days ago.

ER1776CCDo.jpg

ER1776CCDr.jpg

All the coins are great, but I must comment -- ER, Wow. Just wow. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here are some updated photos of coins I've posted earlier:

58831329.1818LargeCentobv2.jpg58831345.1818LargeCentrev2.jpg

58831329.1818LargeCentobv2.jpg

58831345.1818LargeCentrev2.jpg

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

The third coin has not arrived yet. Darn, Heritage is slow. smile.gif

Take care...Mike

It is indeed a restrike 1780 Maria Theresa Thaler. I have not had an opportunity to locate my attribution notes and attribute this sucker!

Surprisingly, I picked up this coin in a junk shop! I was a few miles out of town and killing time, so I wandered into this dingy place and asked if they had any coins or tokens for sale, and there you go. They had nothing else decent for sale though (at least in coins).

The 1926-S Buffalo looks much better in hand. I had to adjust the angle and lighting to capture the horn detail. As you can see, it's a strong full-horn.

Some of you already know that I'm putting together a hand-selected set of Kennedy halves in a Dansco album. A lot of those later proofs are much tougher than price guides indicate, including the 1999-S. I just thought that particular image came out really nice.

THANKS for all the kind comments! As you can see, I really do enjoy coins.... smile.gif

James

ER, that's a SENSATIONAL pickup. Very few collectors can say they've ever owned a Continental Dollar! Who cares about it's "problems" - it's a venerable coin steeped in the lore of American Revoutionary history. 893applaud-thumb.gif

James

Holy smokes. Soooo many nice coins . . . . I'm thrilled to see ER's Continental Dollar, especially because his post coincides with my reading of D. Taxay, The U.S. Mint and Coinage (1966), which provides detailed historical background for this coin. Beautiful!

Here an 1862 IHC graded PF64 by NGC that the mailman brought to my door just yesterday.

1862-cent-rf.jpg

In this axially lit photo the contrast between the devices and field can be seen better.

1862-cent-ax.jpg

I don’t upgrade many coins in my type set but sometimes a coin comes along that you just can’t resist. devil.gif

This coppr/nickel IHC is about as good as I ever have seen in a PF64 holder and would hold its own with many PF65s.

Deeply mirrored fields, frosty devices, an even tone, and free of scratches, nicks, or carbon spots; this coin has everything going for it that I like to see in coins for my type set. I feel really lucky being able to snag this little gem. I don’t think this puppy is going any where for a long time. cloud9.gif

There are some seriously fantastic coins in this thread! Here is one I picked up at Baltimore.

1198115-E1830P64.jpg

Wow, Tom. That is one of the finest half dimes that I have ever seen! That would also fit into my type collection very nicely.

[insert drooling icon here]