• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,889 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Woods020 said:

Another shield nickel for the type set. It’s a beauty. Ready to have it in hand. Now if whoever owns it now would release it from their registry I would be a happy camper. 

3F75FFD6-0184-4889-880F-4AD9FF0DD159.jpeg

3AF132DF-5CEF-44F4-BCCB-4160D4802569.jpeg

Very nice. You got some beauties the past few days. Very cool stuff my friend. 

11 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I have never seen a Shield nickel so fine it mimics silver.  In fact, I never knew one existed in this top tier grade. You've done very well. Congratulations!

I agree. It's a very beautiful piece. Would love to own something that nice for my collection. 

On 5/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, Woods020 said:

Another shield nickel for the type set. It’s a beauty. Ready to have it in hand. Now if whoever owns it now would release it from their registry I would be a happy camper. 

3F75FFD6-0184-4889-880F-4AD9FF0DD159.jpeg

3AF132DF-5CEF-44F4-BCCB-4160D4802569.jpeg

I got this in today and the pictures actually don’t do it justice. It’s as clean as any modern proof I’ve seen and the cameo is sharp. It exceeded my expectations. 

Edited by Woods020

7 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

A modest somewhat pedestrian purchase that I bought for the holder and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of color around the rim.   Just a couple of quickie photos, I'll need to redo in order to play with the lighting to lose the harsh glare and hotspots.

1923sd-obv.jpg

1923sd-rev.jpg

Is that the first Gen holder? I keep an eye out but have not seen one yet. I like the toning quite a bit on the coin. 

[An old, utilitarian but since discontinued encapsulated product from a defunct company and forerunner of today's TPGS.]

4 hours ago, Lem E said:

FC822FFA-A621-440C-A558-168D8B23C98E.jpeg

0A00D0C3-1A57-4430-9879-AEF21BE81D2E.jpeg

ED0B8D2C-8C95-469B-A8F2-479EF7A108D9.jpeg

Beautiful Merc! Personally this is one of my favorite coin designs/series. 

Edited by Woods020

37 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

Beautiful Merc! Personally this is one of my favorite coin designs/series. 

Thanks. I like the design too. Too bad it’s so little. I really like it on the palladium reverse proof eagle. 

7 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

She's a rough looker but I've been dying to get my hands on one of these. Swore I'd never buy a details coin knowing it was a details coin. I never could afford one of the nicer ones. After reading about these I really wanted to own a piece of the history. I'm still very happy to add this to the collection. I won it in auction at a very good price. Cheapest I've ever seen one. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to add a nicer example in the collection. Also gonna try my best to go for a Vermont also. Polish_20210524_002228485.thumb.jpg.16be022d356a67505d69ee39dba48b1e.jpg

It’s nice to get one in VG even with details. Anything pre-1800 is wildly expensive. This is a great add to your collection!

55 minutes ago, leeg said:

The "P" coin in NGC 67 FT is a bear to find for a reasonable price.

This will have to do for know (POP 2/0):

eBay, 1957 Dime Obv Slab1, NGC 67 plus, star.jpg

A 67 and a + and  a *.

You've arrived, bro!

As Sinatra put it...." I'm number one, Top of the list, Head of the heap, King of the hilll...."

1 minute ago, Coinbuf said:

Very pretty @Lem E bust halves so come with some very nice color to them, congrats on the new addition.

Thanks. I have strayed away from my nickel collection for a while now, but I am enjoying picking up different things and learning about them. This one looks to be a challenge, but I enjoy doing the research. So many things I like. Good thing I work a lot. xD