• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lem E said:

Dang bro you went at it didn’t you! Nice pick ups. You know which one is my favorite. 6FS and everything. (thumbsu

Hahaha. I actually thought of you when I bought it. Nickels baffle me. All of them look highly over graded to me. And this one is questionable 6 FS to be honest. When I get it I’ll show you better pics. I told the guy it was over graded and negotiated it down. Maybe it’s better in hand. 6FS nickels are almost like unicorns. I haven’t found many at all. 

4 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

Hahaha. I actually thought of you when I bought it. Nickels baffle me. All of them look highly over graded to me. And this one is questionable 6 FS to be honest. When I get it I’ll show you better pics. I told the guy it was over graded and negotiated it down. Maybe it’s better in hand. 6FS nickels are almost like unicorns. I haven’t found many at all. 

They are out there but not easy to find and people usually want an arm and a leg for them. From what I’ve seen, unless the pics are really good, the steps don’t  show very well. Probably be better in hand. You have a better chance with the war nickels because they usually struck up pretty good and there are more of them that have been submitted for grading, or pre war nickels. After that they start to go downhill into mushville.

Side lament:  I sure wish I knew why not a single 1914 French 20-franc gold rooster -- by no means scarce, with millions having been minted -- has ever been graded MS-67 by any TPGS.  If this persists, I am going to do the unthinkable: offer a reward! Mark my words!

@leeg Let's be honest here.  Wouldn't you someday like to be the proud new owner of a unique NGS MS-68 1968 Lincoln Cent? (At the very least you'll have Coinbuf green with envy!) :roflmao:

On 4/12/2021 at 7:32 PM, jtryka said:

I got these two from the bank last Friday..

Amazing find.  Didn't think there were many still in circulation.

[Observation:  I really love threads like this one where the OP hasn't been seen or heard from in nearly 12 years.

Funny thing about it is, according to service records, the thread has never derailed despite the absences of a train engineer, motorman, brake man or conductor.

I wish New York Transit was like this.]

4 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

I’ve been on a tear lately on the type set. Between clearing out coins I’m selling and buying new it’s keeping me busy for sure. Today a few nickels. I’ve got a few goodies coming this week I’ll share once I get them. I’m so glad I passed on that other type one Buffalo I was debating. I love this one just as much and I got it for a fraction of the other and it’s MS 67+ CAC

@Lem E I know which one you like 😂

5C12A707-BDC7-486E-B90D-BE015945AD06.jpeg

A98AE997-6455-4A16-9719-E928317384BC.jpeg

2C8F99E9-E0E4-4D56-B0FA-92AC859BCAD8.jpeg

Very nice. Love them both. 

2 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

I was very happy to win the bid on this one. One of the nicer ones in my set so far. MS66 with a CAC green bean. Polish_20210506_173522104.jpg.9bb4094d63965ad4050ed954767a5323.jpgPolish_20210506_173617028.jpg.b389e86ea4b4d0638a059948a1da522c.jpg

Another nice one HH. Nice and clean, well deserving of the bean.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Head said:

I like them both myself.  But being a buffalo nickel fan I, personally, would like that type1 Buff.  It looks like a good one to my old eyes.
Edited to say,

That would be, of course, depending on the grade of that Buff.

Both are beautiful.

Thank you! It graded MS67+ CAC. I need you to photograph some of them for me. Your pictures are wonderful. Those “old” eyes clearly work very well