• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, leeg said:

Snagged this piece recently. I had a 66+ in the slot already so it had to be the right 67 to replace it.

Adding the 67-D moved my birth year set from #7 to #6.  I was at #3 last year.

GC 57-D Washinton Qtr in MS67, Obv  NGC Registry Image.png

GC 57-D Washinton Qtr in MS67, NGC Registry Image.png

She's a beauty. 

1 minute ago, Hoghead515 said:

No. Just worked on alot of junk my whole life. I took welding in vocational school when I was younger. 

Gotcha, a hog head on the railroad is he who drives the train. Just curious if you were a railroader. 

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:

Gotcha, a hog head on the railroad is he who drives the train. Just curious if you were a railroader. 

I'd love to have a rail road job. That would be a dream job to drive one of those big trains. Love stuff like that. 

1 minute ago, Hoghead515 said:

I'd love to have a rail road job. That would be a dream job to drive one of those big trains. Love stuff like that. 

It's an amazing job. If you are ok with being awake at all hours and for long periods as well as days away from home a week. You see the way North America, well the mid west and West, developed from the rail and true 'railroad cities.' You travel through some pristine like places in total seclusion. Also, you get to blow the whistle. It's rather satisfying. I also really enjoy when children get excited by the train and want to hear the whistle, never gets old. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

It's an amazing job. If you are ok with being awake at all hours and for long periods as well as days away from home a week. You see the way North America, well the mid west and West, developed from the rail and true 'railroad cities.' You travel through some pristine like places in total seclusion. Also, you get to blow the whistle. It's rather satisfying. I also really enjoy when children get excited by the train and want to hear the whistle, never gets old. 

I would absolutely love it. 

On 3/29/2021 at 10:09 PM, Buffalo Head said:

Here's a pretty and interesting 24 buffalo nickel I'd like to share.  Look over the details.

Very nice pick up.  Didn't have to look any further than 'CrazyHoundDog Collection' to know you have a Class A Coin and with a history too.  I,m very jealous.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

DSC_1455 (3).JPG

DSC_1466 (2).JPG

My wife asked me what this was.  I told her the truth: I don't know, but it's beautiful.

55 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

My wife asked me what this was.  I told her the truth: I don't know, but it's beautiful.

It’s a 1 1/2 ounce .999 US Liberty coin stuck at the mint in 2019.  I find it beautiful.  They also did a gold version. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Head said:

This particular coin is not mine.  It’s one coin out of a batch of coins from a customer/friend for me to image up for him.  He has great taste and I love seeing his coins under my lens.

6B071D4E-03EB-41C3-88E2-F8940D93E085.jpeg

DD0578A2-0F86-4983-A9D5-3E42E080A7BA.jpeg

Very nice!  Never seen this up close.  Superb photography!