• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,889 posts in this topic

Hard to tell from the photos, as they look a bit dull and dark, but if it's brighter with a colorful halo of toning it would be a winner in my book.

On 3/10/2019 at 2:40 PM, leeg said:

Just pulled the trigger on this one:

Those 1957 nickels are tougher than people think in high grade, well struck and clean proof condition...even the available ones are semi-one sided cameos...I had a real nice, sharp struck example in 2012 I sold it....

The 1925 is common in almost every grade, NGC has graded over 55,000 and there are more than 4,000 in MS-65.

Edited by jtryka

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Some of those have some really nice toning.:applause:

Thanks Bob! I've been contemplating putting toned ones in replace of the ones that aren't. Should I leave it as is or add some more color to replace the ones that aren't toning?

If it were mine, I would probably leave it as is, but that is just the way I am. If I were a bit more OCD, (or less lazy), I think I would try to match the toning on all of the coins as much as possible. That would be the nicer looking choice, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

If it were mine, I would probably leave it as is, but that is just the way I am. If I were a bit more OCD, (or less lazy), I think I would try to match the toning on all of the coins as much as possible. That would be the nicer looking choice, in my opinion. 

hahaha Yea I agree. My OCD is def kicking in, already on ebay. Ill post a new photo as best I can when its complete. :)

8 hours ago, BipolarBaby said:

I need a new camera and a crash course on taking pictures. These pictures dont do enough justice! heres another one with a lil more natural light hitting it.

IMG_2768.JPG.549b5b9122a916a257d1255b1768680a.JPG

Nice display.(thumbsu