• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,886 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Capone1929 said:

I'll break out my jewellers loupe/loop to see inside! Like the stars in the night sky far and wide! No coin will escape my pocket without scrutiny in my mind my collection is made up of NGC! The bricks that paved the way! Like the West point minted coin I received today, but Ill always remember The ones Who sacrificed their lives as always and the ones, who lost their lives today! So get on your knees and pray, for the coin that traded its tomorrow for one single yesterday! And I hope the coins of tomorrow in 2019 takes our breath away just like the ones of a hundred years ago today, at the world series and "Shoeless Joe Jackson" in the field of dreams or in his pinstripes! I know he had a coin in his pocket no doubt if only the umpire had a hangover from last night and not a home plate express ticket to shout! "Shoeless Joe" you are forever OUT tonight!" Capone1929

"Shoeless Joe" never had a bed where he could call Home plate  and died with his scrapbook beneath his head! Cooperstown is where he should rest his head right there on hollowed Ground, because he won't ever be dead, shoeless joe found the pair of shoes that put him on the ground, and if this should never be, I sure hope it's out with 2018, and "Shoeless Joe'  you can rest your head hope he gets his label 100 years later that being said, by NGC he will get what he deserves in history and not a single bed! The past and history is what makes the numismic hobby great! Old and New Bad and Good, like "Shoeless Joe" what would baseball be like without him? Do you wonder too? Have you heard his name? How he had no shoes? "Shoeless Joe" was just a product of the times and game! Shoeless Joe hit more balls than you or eye, let's give Joe somJuJustice and treat him the same, as he didn't do it alone, he was just another victim of the game$ like Casey at bat, hows about Showing Shoeless Joe Jackson Where his shoes are at! Like the players of the 1919 Black Sox and calling Chicago a Home? Long before our time there was Shoeless Joe Jackson and Burleigh Griimes, It was all just a sign of tge times, Cooperstown and NGC their not Alone! Show Shoeless Joe that New Years eve and Manhattan like Ellis Island we all have a home. Say it ain't so! Capone1929

Edited by Capone1929
Add info

13 minutes ago, jtryka said:

Well last week I found a 1915-D penny in the coinstar reject at the supermarket and this week I found this, my oldest circulation find!

IMG_2544.JPG

Wow that really is a score as long as it genuine, a bronze 1 cent indian head nickel better date at that hope it's a score it is in circulated with enviro damage condition but if found in circulation a very nice find none the less! Congratulations! 1880 lil tougher! Capone1929

Edited by Capone1929

On 12/5/2018 at 7:21 AM, jgrinz said:

Thats ..Thats funny right there yup it is ... Thanks Bob its been a while ... Funny to see the new lot of newbies :-) after all this while. Good to see the 'ol' folk are still hanging around too

I wondered what happened to you. You just disappeared.........and you weren't alone. Glad to see you back.

21 minutes ago, robec1347 said:

I wondered what happened to you. You just disappeared.........and you weren't alone. Glad to see you back.

Thank you my friend … 

7 minutes ago, jtryka said:

I picked this one up today:

1827p50cobv2.jpg

1827p50crev2.jpg

What a beauty if authentic, looks a lil bronzy to me if primary metal is silver and/or beautifully toned! If composite natural Bronze and consistent with period for metal compositions, and or Tough date, Sweet score if authentic. Congrats! Good Luck! Capone1929

Recent pickup, I liberated this 1880-O from the GSA packaging and got some crud off with acetone.  Anyone want to take a guess what it might grade, and/or identify a VAM?  Thanks for looking.

801.JPG

802.JPG

803.JPG

804.JPG

805.JPG

806.JPG

807.JPG

808.JPG

809.JPG

On 1/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, robec1347 said:

Thank you my friend … 

3 hours ago, Matt_dac said:

Stunning Buffalo! What grade?

I know what you mean, my FUN acquired Saint is more stunning in hand. 

It’s a 65 and a pretty one at that.  Once I get my photo setup back up I can take some nice pics but for now this is what I have.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Buffalo Head said:

WOW!!  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Head said:

WOW!!  

To Bss, JRT, & Buffalo, and so many members beyond! Bob, hair, and beyond! Thank you so much for so much guidence, influence, and most of all the standard that drives my collecting Foundation, Capone1929

Edited by Capone1929
Type O Auto cor junk

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, Buffalo Head said:

It’s a 65 and a pretty one at that.  Once I get my photo setup back up I can take some nice pics but for now this is what I have.

Thanks

That's a beauty Joe.  Nice addition to the herd.(thumbsu