• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,885 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Strange that some of you's guys pictures are not showing up. 

Hey, Mike. Your New Englandness is showing. You need to come down South, where we can teach you to say "y'all."

Welcome back to the forum. :)

10 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Hey, Mike. Your New Englandness is showing. You need to come down South, where we can teach you to say "y'all."

Welcome back to the forum. :)

Thats ..Thats funny right there yup it is ... Thanks Bob its been a while ... Funny to see the new lot of newbies :-) after all this while. Good to see the 'ol' folk are still hanging around too

Edited by jgrinz

On 12/9/2018 at 6:42 PM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

I like that subdued luster look, as if it circulated a little while and was pulled into a collection many moons ago...

Yes, that luster in the protected areas and the halo toning pattern are both favorites of mine on bust halves.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:54 PM, Coinbuf said:

Nothing special but a new addition to my year set, sellers pics are the best I have for now.

1936obv1.jpg

1936rev1.jpg

Just off the top of anyone's head...we're there any varieties for the 1936-P...I know 1934 but was just wondering out loud? Also, if I wanted one, that's the one I'd want...it's all there...looks perfect!

17 hours ago, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Just off the top of anyone's head...we're there any varieties for the 1936-P...I know 1934 but was just wondering out loud? Also, if I wanted one, that's the one I'd want...it's all there...looks perfect!

Thanks I thought it looked very nice for the grade (MS64), really perhaps under graded to me but qtrs are not my primary area of collecting so hard for me to judge these.  No idea about any varieties for this date hopefully one of the qtr collectors can chime in on that.

14 hours ago, jtryka said:

Picked this one up from a local shop last week, I seldom buy Indians, but let's call it an impulse purchase.

1926p5dobv.jpg

1926p5drev.jpg

That has always been one of my favorite designs. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:53 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Noticed no pic for the 1895-S tough coin and in a grade I owned once...I know most are probably around that grade just saying....cool...

Pic posted thanks for the over site on my part :-)

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, jtryka said:

Picked this one up from a local shop last week, I seldom buy Indians, but let's call it an impulse purchase.

I love these $2 1/2 gold coins, I have the full set in AU in a nice black capital holder.  A fun set that's not too expensive at the AU level, very nice impulse buy. 

43 minutes ago, Matt_dac said:

Finally found a $3 Indian Princess that 'talked to me' as they say.  It looks really nice in hand, the picture seems to exaggerate the small scratches on the obverse. 

1854_Case.jpg

1854_Case_R.jpg

You know I already love this! Lol such a super fine lady with a heart of pure Gold AU53 awesome AU58 better than Great like 2018! 2019 a lot to look forward too! Happy New Year to You All! Capone1929

Edited by Capone1929
Add info

7 minutes ago, Capone1929 said:

You know I already love this! Lol such a super fine lady with a heart of pure Gold AU53 awesome AU58 better than Great like 2018! 2019 a lot to look forward too! Happy New Year to You All! Capone1929

Sweet tough year and NGC grade score cherry pick or cornerstone depending on level of collector all collectors and enthusiasts alike! No Matter how small no Matter how Big NGC will save your greatest Dig! Capone1929

7 minutes ago, Capone1929 said:

You know I already love this! Lol such a super fine lady with a heart of pure Gold

I'll always study and study hard! Because no coin was ever not strong enough for the lawnmower or yard, and when I find a true Rarity, I know it needs to be in a relationship with NGC! David, AKA Capone1929

2 minutes ago, Capone1929 said:

I'll always study and study hard! Because no coin was ever not strong enough for the lawnmower or yard, and when I find a true Rarity, I know it needs to be in a relationship with NGC! David, AKA Capone1929

I'll break out my jewellers loupe/loop to see inside! Like the stars in the night sky far and wide! No coin will escape my pocket with scrutiny my collection is made up of NGC! The bricks that paved the way! Like the West point minted coin I received today, but I remember The ones Who sacrificed their lives as always and the ones who lost their lives today! So get on your knees and pray, for the coin that traded its tomorrow for one single yesterday! And hope the coins of tomorrow in 2019 takes are breath away just like the ones a hundred years ago at the world series and Shoeless Joe Jackson in the field of dreams! I know he had a coin in his pocket no doubt if only the umpire had a hangover and not a home plate express ticket to shout! "Shoeless Joe" you are forever OUT!" Capone1929