• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jtryka said:

Got a mini-type set of lettered edge halves in the mail yesterday, and surprisingly all three die marriages I did not have!

1795o107aobv.jpg1795o107arev.jpg

1806o103aobv.jpg

1806o103arev.jpg

1819o103aobv.jpg

1819o103arev.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, Raisethis2 said:

Go to the auto parts store and get some Plast-X from McGuires and polish that slab up by hand. You're going to need it to polish up slabs in the future. A scratch should come out in a couple applications. Those old sticker residues come off easy with it too. 

Tried that once with less than stellar results lol, made the slab cloudy/hazy and looked horrible.  I know others have been successful doing that but I'll pass.  The verbiage is from the seller (sellers pics) and in hand the scratches are not bad at all, besides my safe deposit box will never notice lol.

It is the only 2015 Silver Eagle that has this kind of Toning certified by PCGS. Several Hobbyist or "experts" were involved in the determination as I was told PCGS is using it as an example of Authentic Color Toning...it was brought to my attention due to the clarification that the texture and blend of colors are not vindictive of Artificial Toning and thus this is/was a "Plate" or "Guide" Coin the Graders...Private Treaty fell apart on it and a person I'd rather not mention out of respect for him decided to let it go to Auction...before posting I anticipated the forthcoming comments...and I respect yours.

20 hours ago, jtryka said:

I'm unfamiliar with that Sacagawea, what set did it come in?

It is easily confused with the "P" mint mark, as it makes me think again cuz it confuses me...there was an Enhanced Finish set and this Reverse Proof Enhanced Finish...some just call an Enhanced Finish...but this is the single issue "West Point"...iron workers...Specimen. Not to be confused with the Sac that came out with the Paper Money notes. I'm away from my notebook but I will reply with the exact info tomorrow, IIRC , there were only 2 certified errors, both Obv. Stk. Thru...I Purchased all the Precious Metals for the year, then wanted to add to by having examples of non-precious but all in error format. It has proven to be extremely difficult, time consuming, expensive and miniscule in the sense that each example has to fit in so for each position A or B edge letters you have a slot to fill. Including a different mintmark...Specimen, Proof, business, enhanced, Rev. Proof...etc...I feel raced feelings of joy accompanied by deep lows since I started it in 2014 (when the first 2015's came available), I also hold several Top Registry coins for 2015, actually a tough year for coin mintage and my Daughters birth year...It has caused me to become  a Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde....so crazy this coin induced trip I'm on...

Edited by Numismatic, A.A.S.
paraphrase mixed up

20 hours ago, jtryka said:

I'm unfamiliar with that Sacagawea, what set did it come in?

2015 Native American Coin and Currency Set, Enhanced Uncirculated West Point Mint. Limited Production of 90,000 Sets, 89,780 Possible. Labeled as Production due to a Paper One Dollar Bill included in the Set with the Serial Numbers beginning with numbers "911", as a tribute to 911 Memorial. The Nearby Mohawk Workers witnessed the disaster that Morning and began Saving Souls and Removing Debris in the nearby area. Heroically, a worker from Akwesasne recovered the AMERICAN FLAG which was flying atop the Trade Center prior to the disaster. This Famous Flag was flown at the Winter Olympics in Recognition of all who were lost, saved and involved and supported in Recovery and Event. West Point Mint was chosen for the Special Striking of the SAC Dollar coin with a Focus on Quality, having a repeated inspection process of all coins. (Hence the Rarity on Existing Errors regardless how minor)

IIRC, this offering from the U.S. Mint and BEP Sold out within 7 minutes...NOTE: can be purchased on Ebay for $23-up...Limited Production of 90,000 seems high, that info is second hand but believable for a Modern Issue. It is the Second Rarest Enhanced Finish Coin ever produced by the Mint.

1937 lincoln cent hiding in my collection, looks like it might have been struck in AU. Cant really tell much from the front but check the back I wonder if it's worth anything. Or what I should do if it is. 

20181201_123154-ccfopt.jpg

20181201_123423-ccfopt.jpg

20181201_133444.jpg

20181201_133444.jpg

20181201_143349.jpg

20181201_143901.jpg

20181201_144247.jpg

Strange that some of you's guys pictures are not showing up. 

That said I have been gone so long I did not know I could not put PCGS coins in my Morgan registry anymore. I understand but come on :)

Its the last coin in my registry set … uhuh that one  … 1893-s … Have a look and enjoy

1893s_o.jpg

1893s_r.jpg

2 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Strange that some of you's guys pictures are not showing up. 

That said I have been gone so long I did not know I could not put PCGS coins in my Morgan registry anymore. I understand but come on :)

Its the last coin in my registry set … uhuh that one  … 1893-s … Have a look and enjoy

1893s_o.jpg

1893s_r.jpg

That's a little tougher one, I like its honest wear...do you have more coins in NGC plastic than pcgs in registries....

2 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Yeah I would say 20 out of 104 coins in my Morgan Dollars, 1878-1921, Circulation Issue are PCGS

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=17296&Ranking=all

All of my 1883 Proof Set are all NGC

Thanks for asking

Noticed no pic for the 1895-S tough coin and in a grade I owned once...I know most are probably around that grade just saying....cool...