• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2017 at 8:01 AM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Bob, that 36D is beautiful.

On 8/26/2017 at 5:07 PM, rrantique said:

Purty one Bob.(thumbsu

Thank you Jason and Irvin. I'd love to have a whole set with that type toning.

It's a Close AM. Is this from an Uncirculated set? I know proof sets didn't come packaged in cello. If this is an Uncirculated the Close AM is normal. You want a Wide AM for a premium. Just the opposite for the Proof.

I am pretty sure that it is the opposite of what you are saying. Unless we are just using the terms differently? Like for the 1979 SBA, I call it the narrow coin because the distance between the date and the rim is "narrow". However I believe that the correct term is wide because the rim is wide. This is for the error 1979 SBA. 

I have included a few screen shots from the PCGS app. 

I believe that it's showing that the "closer" numbers are the error and not "wide".

Please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. I showed another coin that I believe is "closer" to a 30+ year contributor to the Red Book and he agreed that the one that I showed him was "closer".

Thank you very much for your input and help!!!

Screenshot_20170912-141622.png

Screenshot_20170912-141608.png

40 minutes ago, joshua porter said:

I am pretty sure that it is the opposite of what you are saying. Unless we are just using the terms differently? Like for the 1979 SBA, I call it the narrow coin because the distance between the date and the rim is "narrow". However I believe that the correct term is wide because the rim is wide. This is for the error 1979 SBA. 

I have included a few screen shots from the PCGS app. 

I believe that it's showing that the "closer" numbers are the error and not "wide".

Please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. I showed another coin that I believe is "closer" to a 30+ year contributor to the Red Book and he agreed that the one that I showed him was "closer".

Thank you very much for your input and help!!!

Screenshot_20170912-141622.png

Screenshot_20170912-141608.png

Sorry, my mistake. I was making reference to a Proof 1998-S and 1999-S Close AM. I was just in an earlier discussion on a different board about those. 

I know nothing about the 1992 minstate coins. For the 1998 and 1999 proofs close AMs are more valuable than Wide AMs. And for the mintstate 98 and 99 coins Wide AMs are more valuable than Close AMs. 

Just came to knew about this Chat Board.

Can anyone help me ? How can I send Silver Dollars Coins to NGCcoins for grading?  Cam I send this coins out of India without any government permission???

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, j2193 said:

Just came to knew about this Chat Board.

Can anyone help me ? How can I send Silver Dollars Coins to NGCcoins for grading?  Cam I send this coins out of India without any government permission???

Welcome to the forums.

Here is the link for NGC Coin Grading:

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit-coins/how-to-submit.aspx

I have a birthday this month. I like to buy a coin during October as a gift to me.  :smile:

Sold this coin in 2008 to a board member.

Buyer gave me first shot to repurchase, I did.

Mark%20Goodman%20alabama%20combo%20blk%2

PCGS AU55 OGH.

It would be tough to find a more colorful example.

Picked these up from the post office today, the first is an upgrade from a F to a VF, the second was not an upgrade based on the slab grade, but I think it's a nicer coin than my current VF.

1801p50cobv.jpg

1801p50crev.jpg

1802p50cobv.jpg

1802p50crev.jpg