• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,883 posts in this topic

Well this is the first hole I've filled in this set in a couple years, I guess that blows my budget too!

160983.jpg.688f440df0ff6484bc230480e727bcdb.jpg

160984.jpg.08324dedd8b79ef5c7f49c0b5a6f5554.jpg

Well this is the first hole I've filled in this set in a couple years, I guess that blows my budget too!

C'mon...you need to give details. Is that a mint mark I see? Grade? hm Looks nice...

jom

C'mon...you need to give details. Is that a mint mark I see? Grade? hm Looks nice...

jom

Yes, it has a D mintmark and resides in a PCGS green label holder graded MS-62.

jom

Excellent...I like the orangish/pink color. Is that true or is it just the photo? hm

Congrads.

jom

jom

Excellent...I like the orangish/pink color. Is that true or is it just the photo? hm

Congrads.

jom

Yes, that's pretty much what it looks like (despite my atrocious photo skills), to me it's a solid 62, a couple of marks on the reverse and a little flatness on Liberty's face. It's amazing to me when I look over my set how grading has "evolved." My 1924 is such a common date with lots of high-grade pieces, yet I have one in MS-62 that I wouldn't trade for many 64s today! In any case, I'll enjoy this one for the next few years before I'll be able to fill another hole (most likely the 1908-S or the 1926-D as those are the most attainable open spots I have right now.

Nice Buffalo! Man those things are hard to distinguish from MS strikes in pictures.

Here is the latest addition to my Morgan set:

PCGS MS63DMPL

oleLWcgDSmzeG41oIHTA_1882-O%20%241%20MS63DMPL%20obv.jpg

Sxbx7uATvyOb3Hw5o9Xl_1882-O%20%241%20MS63DMPL%20rev.jpg

Nice Buffalo! Man those things are hard to distinguish from MS strikes in pictures.

Thanks, and nice DMPL 82-O as well!

It sure is, but it was a little easier to distinguish based on the seller's photos as opposed to the trueviews. When I saw the listing pop up my first thought was "proof".

The Heritage Photo accentuates the blue. At the correct angle, it is very close in hue. I was very happy to have won this recently. The luster on the obverse is very strong and enhances the toning nicely.

1885%20O%20MS65%20star_zpsmg57ccg6.jpg

1885%20O%20MS65%20star%20reverse_zpse95tuimm.jpg

The Heritage Photo accentuates the blue. At the correct angle, it is very close in hue. I was very happy to have won this recently. The luster on the obverse is very strong and enhances the toning nicely.

1885%20O%20MS65%20star_zpsmg57ccg6.jpg

1885%20O%20MS65%20star%20reverse_zpse95tuimm.jpg

Very nice color. Any info on the aurora orban collection?