• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

Matt_dac,

Nice Saint. I have a set of $2.50 Indian Head / Eagle gold missing the 1911-D, but they are not graded. They are in a Capital Plastics holder. Sorry I don't have a pic handy as they are locked up in my vault.

Picked this up at Heritage. I've been wanting one to add to my collection. There is a nice amount of headress detail and am very pleased with this AU example. The photo doesn't show the headress well, sorry about the pictures, they are from Heritage.

1914D25AU58_zps6e39ae1f.jpg1914D25AU58reverse_zpscaec34b3.jpg

Edited: grammar

Edited by jpcienkus

What a great recent run on NEWPS. There are some tremendously beautiful examples just on this one page.

Joe, I have to say that you exercise great patience and have very good taste when it comes to selecting coins with outstanding eye appeal. That 1878-S Morgan is so clean and has excellent contrast.

That 1914-D Indian, once again, is a very nice example of a coin that I have always thought was in the top 3 designs of any of our coinage.

Bill, Thanks so much for you kind words. I have learned so much on this site, both in technical aspects of the hobby and how to buy. Thank you again.

Edited to add:

Thanks for the props on my Australian Sovereign Jason. I really respect your opinion.

Eric, thanks for the compliments on the Morgan. I get it this week and can't wait to see it in hand. It's a very low pop for the grade and very few graded higher.

Edited by jpcienkus

Already posted this coin, but i now have decent pics to show (rather than iphone pics (:) imaged by Deerefan8420

1964 50C PCGS MS65

1964-DKennedyMS65Obv1_zps98ba836c.jpg1964-DKennedyMS65Rev1_zpse1749629.jpg

I have no idea how to grade this half as it is way out of my typical collecting interests and I bought it because it looked good (shrug)

Can you folks suggest a grade?

Best, HT

1957-Dhalfraw_zpsec99ef93.jpg

I have no idea how to grade this half as it is way out of my typical collecting interests and I bought it because it looked good (shrug)

Can you folks suggest a grade?

Best, HT

1957-Dhalfraw_zpsec99ef93.jpg

65+. No FBL. I could see an argument being made for 66.

The '57-D Frankie rather depends on how bad the hit is in the right obverse field. If it's relatively light I agree with a 65+ grade (potentially a 66, but not likely). Almost certainly this would be a 65+ with nice toning, but grading is tougher for white coins. Grading for FBL's is more variable than grading for technical. IMO it would FBL at PCGS and not at NGC. If it was a tougher date to get an FBL on (which it is not) it would not FBL at PCGS.

I thought this piece looked pretty good for being on the sea floor for over 200 years.

1/2 Reales

DSCN9192.JPG

The strike on the reverse is a bit weak though. But the color is really nice in my opinion.

DSCN9194.JPG