• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

Nice coins all.....love that Buffalo Nickel Monty 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's another newp.....don't have it in hand so these crappy images will have to do:

1807Half.jpg

Edited by kryptonitecomics

Well, I've added a couple more since this post started.

1202668-IMG_0410.JPG1202668-IMG_0411.JPG

I don't know if this Morgan is NT or AT. To be honest, I don't really care because I like it and it was dirt cheap. It has much more color than I am able to show because I'm too damn dumb to figure out how. Any suggestions?

1202668-IMG_0412.JPG1202668-IMG_0413.JPG

With all the hoopla about the price of silver, I thought I'd post this silver medal from the Paris Mint. It didn't cost much either.

Personally, the rise and fall of the price of silver doesn't bother me one iota because I don't intend to sell anything. I'll let the executor of my estate have that headache.

Chris

1202668-IMG_0413.JPG.b012826f336ef023a6717d0969ff2d97.JPG

Edited by cpm9ball

What a great thread and what a truly diverse group of coins...

Chris: Can't get a good sense of the colors of the Morgan from your pictures but it certainly looks NT from what I can see....love the medal 893applaud-thumb.gif

The 1920 SLQ with FH is a real winner and I love the color on the V Nickel.....one of my favorite coin designs for sure cloud9.gif

With all the wonderful coins that have been shown, it humbles me to post my newest but, here goes....as well as learning to photograph for the web..

flying-1857a.jpg

I was showing my wife some of the magnificant coins in this thread. She 'insisted' (as you know how they can!) that I post her newest coin. It is definately "Brilliant" uncirculated but, camera doesn't show!

whats-up-dollar.jpg

I beleive it is the rare "What's up dollar" 27_laughing.gif

This has been a great thread. Maybe we should keep this one going, ad infinitum, so we will always have a place to look at some of the new acquisitions. Many thanks to all!

Chris

last summer, found this at a tag sale my wife dragged me too. 1875 S trade dollar. the photo does not show all the detail in the head and the toes are clearly separated. there is a gouge/crack that runs from the U to 2 o'clock just above the T. can not tell what has caused it. Otherwise a great coin, and very rare find these days, in someones shoe box.

1203772-DSC00003.JPG.bff197b4babbf024a73c05afdba5d116.JPG

Edited by hoard

Whoops! Dang it! I drooled a little on my keyboard while savoring the toning on that 1810 C.B. Whew!

I love coin toning that, like old majestic tree trunk rings, seems to be spreading around the circumference very slowly as it matures and grows in stature and character!

Grabbing a napkin for my mouth,

Jim/Gembeeyou

This would be my lastest. I hate photographing through NGC slabs. Too much glare but I had to sacrifice something to get the true colors.

1873NGC66BN.jpg

Bruce..what a stunner...scr

Thanks for the nice comments smile.gif You would be happy to know its in an old NGC no Bar cole holder labeled as MS65 FB Undergraded I think its MS66 FB shot 67 FB

Got this 2 weeks ago but was just able to get 'reasonable' photo. MS-61 certified with old green lable from across-the-street (learning the lingo)

gold-1900.jpg

As I learn more about MS grading, I may send this in because I think it is better than MS-61

----thanks Chris for finding my wee grin.gif problem on this post.. foreheadslap.gif

Edited by Regis44