• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

Here's a pic of my wife, Donna and I. Also one of me holding the most valuable issue in comics. These are kinda lousy pics of me but, they are the only ones I have available right now.

Mike

NODdinnerNYCC021.jpg

NODdinnerNYCC030.jpg

We enjoy boating on the Hudson river and beyond. Also, scuba diving.

Sept1laborday005.jpg

003.jpg

050.jpg

034.jpg

Love this thread, it really surprises me how many of you wise men are so young!

Here is me about 3 weeks ago in Iraq...I just got home and ready for some coin auctions!

Me.jpg

Here is my family at my folks house in Montana.

FamilyinMontana.jpg

And since it seems a few pages back everyone posted pictures of fish...halibut in Alaska..and yes it was heavy.

Halibut.jpg

It's a 3396 Carver from 1979. (34' and a 12' beam) I kinda like the older boats.

A fair amount of Teak on the outside and thick Mahogony on the inside. Forward stateroom,

foldout couch, dinette turns into a bed as well. (sleeps six) 3 burner gas stove with oven,

ac, 19" tv, hot and cold pressure water, upright fridge, toaster, coffee maker,

shower and sink in the head ect...

Our first major trip was to Atlantic City on our honeymoon a little over 8 years ago.

Also, we have been up the Thames River in Conn. NYC is kinda fun with the East river,

Harlem River and the Hudson bay.

We shall be retiring on it in 3 years. I want to dock near the treasure coast in Florida

for the winters and spend the summers in northern VT.

It burns 16 GPH at 16-18 knot cruise, which isn't too bad compared to other boats of the same size.

Still, with gas prices on the river, i'm glad we don't have a bigger boat.

It's taped in this pic (which is my avitar) for the periodical coat of Teak oil.

102e34b3.jpg

When I first saw the action comics #1 I thought you said that was your most valuable comic book and I was going to be mighty impressed as I know how much they sell for....wow!!! Looks like you were at Megacon in orlando in the picture but I guess all convention centers probably look alike.. lol

Yeah, it was NYCC! I did "pick" that book up, I just didn't take it home with me. :grin:

Amazing it's worth almost twice as much only 1 year later.

That is a nice boat . I almost bought one back in the late 80’s but decided that they cost to much to maintain and I would not spend enough time on it. I did love crusin on the Hudson with my Cousin . My parents had a sail boat which most of the time just sat on the river because of a lack of wind !!

Went on vacation to Key largo last weekend with the kids to hang out with my Friends Chris and Robin from Rctoners......here are a few pics:

Me and my oldest went parasailing in tandem:

KeyLargoTrip013.jpg

KeyLargoTrip009.jpg

KeyLargoTrip011.jpg

Theatre of The Sea:

pictures181.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

I still don't know how the heck she did this move...wow!!!

pictures119.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

Emily had no interest in watching the sun set...can you tell?

KeyLargoTrip001.jpg

KeyLargoTrip024.jpg

pictures096.jpg

Tarpon fishing anyone???

pictures194.jpg

Emily's first fish caught....on the first cast no less :banana:

pictures198.jpg

Here are some pictures 40 years apart. The last one was taken at our ranch in Fallon, Nevada.

Vietnam-1969-B.gif

Wow....a OH-6 Cayuse "Loach" That really dates this picture. We worked on the last one for the DOD back in 1992, the OH-58D model was going to be the future platform for observation. I think the Boarder Patrol in El Paso/Eagle Pass still has some, well, at least they did, we overhauled some of their transmissions. Feisty little birds.

Love this thread, it really surprises me how many of you wise men are so young!

Here is me about 3 weeks ago in Iraq...I just got home and ready for some coin auctions!

Me.jpg

Thank you for serving!

This is a customer house......I was just speechless!!

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016-1.jpg

OMG! I missed this one. It almost rivals Teddy Roosevelt's Sagamore Hill!

Scott

Good Grief!!! Half of the stuff in that room would be seized if you tried to cross a border with it!! ( unless you had the paper work to prove it was pre 1947)

This is a customer house......I was just speechless!!

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016-1.jpg

OMG! I missed this one. It almost rivals Teddy Roosevelt's Sagamore Hill!

Scott

Good Grief!!! Half of the stuff in that room would be seized if you tried to cross a border with it!! ( unless you had the paper work to prove it was pre 1947)

Got to be a bachelor. Don't know too many wives that would live like that unless it was a separate house from the main house. lol

Actually he shot most of the stuff in different countries and brought it back to the us.

Got to be a bachelor. Don't know too many wives that would live like that unless it was a separate house from the main house. lol

He is married!! I don't want to reveal the guys name but if you look at the picture you

can see a picture where he is sitting with letterman.

Me and my two sons hanging out at the Pro Football Hall of Fame this summer. Celebrating Emmitt Smith's induction. Spent the whole weekend there, including Ceremony and Game and a heck of a lot of money!! No wonder I haven't bought much lately!!

104891.jpg.d166bd85daa98fb3ea58daedfcd6d460.jpg

Ron, I apologize for not contacting you. I was in such a rush. It was a last minute thing and I ended up flying up to Norfolk Va to pick up my brother and his two sons and then drove up. It was crazy, but something I will never forget.