• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good supply companies?

32 posts in this topic

sign-rantpost.gif

I recently ordered a bunch of 2x2 plastic snap-together holders from Whitman's website. They came in, and from the moment I picked up the box, I knew I had a problem. The packer apparently just stuck the lot into an small open box (like a 2x2 holder box minus the lid) and then put the open box into the bottom of a large cardboard shipping box with a big handful of wadded up paper on top. The result was all of my 2x2's got dumped into the floor of the cardboard box and scratched each other all to hell. Believe me, they were all in the mail back to whitman by lunchtime that day. The girl on the phone said they'd replace them and reimburse me for shipping, but I'm still pissed off - that was my first order with the company, and I'm really not impressed.

sign-rantpost.gif

Are there any other online retailers of coin supplies that aren't going to rip me off?

I like Brooklyn Gallery for discounted prices and great service for books and supplies!

Ditto! I've had good experiences with them and never a hassle.

Ditto! I've had good experiences with them and never a hassle.

Hayden

do I hear an echo? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

insane.gif

I like JP's Corner, too. I've been doing business with them for 10 years. Any time there is a problem with an order, it is resolved immediately. On one occasion a couple of the storage boxes for proof and mint sets had very minor damage. They told me they would send replacements immediately, and when I asked how I should return the damaged boxes they said, "Don't bother, just keep them."

Chris

Littletoncoin.com is also good if you order in bulk. If you're just ordering a few things then shipping isn't worth it, but if you buy a ton of suplies then they combine shipping and its worth it.

Keep 'em coming y'all - we'll have a nice, informal survey here.

Number of Votes:

----------------------------------------

Brooklyn Gallery ****

JP's Gallery ****

Brent-Krueger ***

Amos Advantage *

Chuck D'Ambra *

Littleton *

----------------------------------------

Still waiting on my Whitman return. I won't be using them again, I think.

Just got in my order from JP's Corner - I was very satisfied with their service and I will be placing another order quite soon.

Informal Survey Results (ongoing):

Store_______________# Votes

========================

JP's Gallery__________ (5)

Brooklyn Gallery______ (4)

Brent-Krueger ________ (3)

Amos Advantage______ (1)

Chuck D'Ambra_______ (1)

Littleton_____________ (1)

Hobby Supplies_______(1)

Whitman Publishing___ (0)

========================

I only have experience with Brent Krueger, Littleton and Whitman

Littleton Told me I owed them $125 when in fact they owed me over $150.

Whitman I was disappointed in how long it took to receive my order... nearly 3 weeks paid by creit card.

Brent Krueger shortchanged my order by one piece of one item. Expressed out 3 of that item to me the next day at their expense.

My vote goes to Brent Krueger for their prompt attention to my problem.

I wouldn't get anything from Littleton unless I really had to... they're really nice, though, so maybe I shouldn't knock on them too hard smile.gif

It's their costs that I don't like... smile.gif

Informal Survey Results (ongoing):

Store_______________# Votes

========================

JP's Gallery__________ (6)

Brooklyn Gallery______ (4)

Brent-Krueger ________ (4)

Amos Advantage______ (1)

Chuck D'Ambra_______ (1)

Littleton_____________ (1)

Hobby Supplies_______(1)

Whitman Publishing___ (0)

========================

I'm looking for an interceptshield box for my slabs, as well as a nice Dansco type set album. Which would be the best place to get those, and how much would they run me?

Informal Survey Results - Updated:

# Votes / Store

========================

(6) JP's Gallery

(5) Brooklyn Gallery

(4) Brent-Krueger

(1) Amos Advantage

(1) Chuck D'Ambra

(1) Littleton Coins

(1) Hobby Supplies

(1) Wayne Herndon

(0) Whitman Publishing

========================

So everytime I've bought 2x2 rigid plastic holders, I've gotten screwed with viewing windows scratched to hell. I've bought from Whitman (awful - never again - see above) and JP's corner (which I liked a lot, scratching still a problem, but not as bad as Whitman). Any suggestions?

So everytime I've bought 2x2 rigid plastic holders, I've gotten screwed with viewing windows scratched to hell. I've bought from Whitman (awful - never again - see above) and JP's corner (which I liked a lot, scratching still a problem, but not as bad as Whitman). Any suggestions?

If you buy intercept sheild hard 2x2's, they come prepackaged in packs of three, each with a protective sleeve. It would be nearly impossible to scratch these unless thay were opened by something. I uses them, they work great!

Zach Levin

I like Brent-Kreuger and have ordered from them several times with consistently excellent service and product condition each time. Having said that, I've never ordered clear holders from them, so I can't speak to how they'd package them.

Beijim

# Votes / Store

========================

(6) JP's Gallery

(5) Brent-Krueger

(5) Brooklyn Gallery

(1) Amos Advantage

(1) Chuck D'Ambra

(1) DBRCC

(1) Littleton Coins

(1) Hobby Supplies

(1) Wayne Herndon

(0) Whitman Publishing

========================

...latest updates

For those of you keeping up with my ongoing saga of misery with Whitman Publishing, you'll recall that I got a box full of loose, scratched 2x2 rigid plastic holders from them. I sent them back, and finally got a replacement order - minus the nickel holder which they said they were out of stock on. Then, a few days ago, I get two postcards from them - one says I sent in an insufficient amount of money in an order by mail, and the other one says that my credit card was declined!

I never sent in an order by mail, and if those $#%^#$% insufficiently_thoughtful_persons tried to charge the card number they got from me a second time, they're darn right it would be declined - - I use a service with my card company that generates a one-time use cc number with a set maximum charge. They no doubt were trying to charge me shipping to send the second part of my replacement order. I have honestly never seen such gross incompetance on behalf of a such well-known company. They'll never get my business again, and I'd encourage everyone who reads this to consider following my example.