• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you need to know: Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles

38 posts in this topic

Just re-read the OP.....great info Jtryka, I am going to spend more time studying and looking out for the 'teens Saint Gaudens including the 1914-S and 1915-S. Truthfully, I haven't spent much time there though I have just started to immerse myself in the yearly details of the Saints.

Wish I had seen the post 11 years ago, would have saved a few buck$$$...... :grin:

The MS69 proof-like coin that Heritage sold in 2005 for $2.99 MM (and listed in The Red Book) is the same coin that is now up on Ebay for $4 MM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200914525390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

136 offers declined so far. Wonder why the person didn't go to an auction house instead of Ebay.

Boy is that coin breathtaking....it's more like a work of art.

The MS69 proof-like coin that Heritage sold in 2005 for $2.99 MM (and listed in The Red Book) is the same coin that is now up on Ebay for $4 MM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200914525390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

136 offers declined so far. Wonder why the person didn't go to an auction house instead of Ebay.

Boy is that coin breathtaking....it's more like a work of art.

Well, isn't eBay the biggest Auction House in the world?

Does anyone know where I can find the original article? It appears that these forums are discussing some specialized article but I can find only these forum comments.

Does anyone know where I can find the original article? It appears that these forums are discussing some specialized article but I can find only these forum comments.

Do you mean page 1? I am not seeing much reference to other pages in the whole series of comments.

Yeah, I think this was a general discussion. But if there is something specific you wanted a longer discourse on, just cite it maybe one of us can track it down. Or you can Google it.