• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How rare is it?HELP

8 posts in this topic

HELP...... I have a PCGS 1888 proof 65 cameo Morgan Dollar,it is a obvious overdate and i know it is a breen-5600,just how rare is this coin.It is a pop 4/0 coin without the double date,anybody out there with a breen encyclopedia that has any info for me please post,Thanks Jay Conner RARECOINCORNER

HELP...... I have a PCGS 1888 proof 65 cameo Morgan Dollar,it is a obvious overdate and i know it is a breen-5600,just how rare is this coin.It is a pop 4/0 coin without the double date,anybody out there with a breen encyclopedia that has any info for me please post,Thanks Jay Conner RARECOINCORNER

Your coin is very, very rare. Breen says it forms a tiny minority of the proofs.

TRUTH

Your coin is very, very rare. Breen says it forms a tiny minority of the proofs.

TRUTH

But do we trust what Breen has to say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

tongue.gif

TRUTH

tongue.gif

Then why are you asking for Breen information? foreheadslap.gif

TRUTH

Bowers' Silver Dollar Encyclopedia says: "Walter Breen has seen no more than a half dozen specimens since the discovery coin in the Anderson-Dupont sale in 1954."

Bowers doesn't give an estimate of how many of the 833 proofs minted survive today.

TRUTH

tongue.gif

Then why are you asking for Breen information? foreheadslap.gif

TRUTH

I didn't? confused-smiley-013.gif