• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations Registry Award Winners!

16 posts in this topic

Congratulations to ALL thumbsup2.gif, but a special note of appreciation to those who participate regularly on these boards, including:

JamminJ and gpnyc for their Sig sets!!! Bill Jones for his early half dimes as one of the best presented and John Wihlborg for his early silver commems honorable mention!!!

Superb job! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hoot

Thanks Hoot!

I just found out about the honorable mention, and was quite surprised. I’m just happy to have been mentioned in such a fine group.

Congrats to all the winners! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

John

Holy you-know-what! All I can say is with so many wonderful and creative World Signature Sets to compete against, I honestly don't have any idea why mine was picked. Truly an honor.

Thanks Hoot for mentionig me though I hardly consider myself a regular here. I do log in here and lurk every day but most of my actual posting is done on CoinPeople. Regardless, it was nice to see my name mentioned!

Oh, and thanks NGC for the countless lines of code that must have been needed to create the Signature Set functionality.

I am still stunned that they picked my Saint set as one of the best presented! I really appreciate the fact that NGC looks beyond the top sets to those of us who may not have the biggest coin budget but still love this hobby and want to share our passions with others! Thanks NGC and congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions!

I am overwhelmed that they chose my Peace $ set as one of the best presented. I was so excited last night it was hard to get to sleep.

I resonate with jtryka; I will never have the top rated set, so it's extremely rewarding to be recognized in this manner. Thank you NGC for the award!

Congrats also to all the other winners!

Let me also add my congratulations to this years Registry winners. I might also add that a lot of work goes into these sets and the recognition you have received is well deserved.

I wonder if someone can explain to me how a set can win "Best Presented Set" with no pictures and no descriptions. I have seen several sets like this that have won awards and what part of "Presented" do they represent? I'm sure that I must be missing something here. Thank's for any information you can shed on this.

• Administrator
Let me also add my congratulations to this years Registry winners. I might also add that a lot of work goes into these sets and the recognition you have received is well deserved.

I wonder if someone can explain to me how a set can win "Best Presented Set" with no pictures and no descriptions. I have seen several sets like this that have won awards and what part of "Presented" do they represent? I'm sure that I must be missing something here. Thank's for any information you can shed on this.

I'd have to see the example of what you're talking about, but I can almost 100% guarantee that you're looking at the wrong set somehow. We would absolutely not award best presented to a set with no pictures or descriptions. I did have someone ask this once before and it turned out that they were looking at a set owned by the same person, and given the same name, but in the wrong set type category...

confused-smiley-013.gif

I am still stunned that they picked my Saint set as one of the best presented! I really appreciate the fact that NGC looks beyond the top sets to those of us who may not have the biggest coin budget but still love this hobby and want to share our passions with others! Thanks NGC and congrats to all the winners and honorable mentions!

I am overwhelmed that they chose my Peace $ set as one of the best presented. I was so excited last night it was hard to get to sleep.

I resonate with jtryka; I will never have the top rated set, so it's extremely rewarding to be recognized in this manner. Thank you NGC for the award!

Jeff! Barry! I'm a little dense, so I did not put 2 & 2 together (name+set) here to recognize your sets! I'm sorry if I've overlooked others as well. Both of you, as the others, did a fabulous job presenting your sets. yay.gif

Congratulations to both of you! And again, congratulations to all the winners! Super jobs! thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Thanks! It was quite a surprize.

I really do need to remember my password so I can add a couple of new coins. blush.gif

Congratulations to all the other winners also. All of them have great sets that deserve recognition. Jeff's set strikes a special cord with me because I know how long and hard he has worked on the Saint set. I competed with him on this series for several years.