• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

If your California piece has a bear on the back then it is almost certainly a fantasy piece or token and it is not an authentic California fractional. I write this because I do not believe any of the original California fractionals had a bear on one side, but this design motif became quite popular when fake pieces were produced.

Hey JRocco!!! Great to see you here.

I don't know why the image didn't work, tried it myself.

You might be able to upload the image directly to here and then past it's address in the post.

I love the reverse on that 1795, and I hope that Winston's 1803 is as crusty as it appears! thumbsup2.gif

Looks just like the picture. It’s too bad that I got it later that Friday.

As a funny side note, when I showed the coin to Lindsay she said, “Looks like one of Tom’s coins.” I thought that was a nice compliment.

yay.gifhi.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Happy day. Managed to win this last night on Heritage:

1812O.jpg

1812R.jpg

NGC EXF45 O-103

Had this pairing already, but it was only a Good, and I just couldn't resist.

yay.gifhi.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Happy day. Managed to win this last night on Heritage:

1812O.jpg

1812R.jpg

NGC EXF45 O-103

Had this pairing already, but it was only a Good, and I just couldn't resist.

congratulations.

I was watching that one!

Very nice 1812!

congratulations.

I was watching that one!

Very nice 1812!

Thanks. Was bidding on that '08 as well, but they were getting too expensive to keep both right this second. These nice ones are really getting attention. Now I have to see what I can scrape together to get something from the FUN sale.

I don't have any early stuff, but here is a nice 1910-P, MS64 Barber Half. I just sold some good date, MS63 Barbers for less than they were worth (4) years ago. What in the world is wrong with this series, except being ugly!

10-PBarberhalf.jpg10-PBarberHalfRev.jpg