• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 175 - Back on track.

15 posts in this topic

QUESTION:

Name the various USA silver dollars that feature jugate (overlapping) busts.

Good Luck!

Our first place winner will receive a copy of David Lange's "History of the United States Mint and It's coinage" (signed). A prize will be awarded to a randomly selected player.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners

Let's see, the Lafayette dollar, the 1990 Eisenhower Commemorative Dollar, the 1994 Women in Military Service Dollar and the 2003 Wright Brothers Dollar. That's all I can think of.

QUESTION:

Name the various USA silver dollars that feature jugate (overlapping) busts.

ANSWER:

Lafayette Silver Dollar, Eisenhower Centennial Silver Dollar, Mount Rushmore SIlver Dollar, Military Women Silver Dollar, First Flight/Wright Brothers Silver Dollar.

Although no one answered all five correctly, I will award JTryka the prize for being the closest. You will be receiving David Lange's book "History of the United States Mint and its Coinage." (signed)

There is no runner up this week.

Thanks for playing and stop back next week for another question. Keep up the good work

Thanks Danielle! yay.gif That will be a wonderful read! thumbsup2.gif You know I thought about the Mount Rushmore coin, but I didn't include it since the busts were overlapping on the mountain itself, so technically the coin only had an image of the mountain and not the individual overlapping busts. I guess it's just a difference in how you view it! confused-smiley-013.gif