• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Black Cores

Should NGC Bring Back the Black Core Slabs?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Should NGC Bring Back the Black Core Slabs?

17 posts in this topic

Very early on, NGC used to have a Black Core to their slabs. Many collectors felt that this black inner core flattered some coins, especially gold coins, much better than the white cores.

There has been a lot of collector talk asking NGC to bring back these black cores on a limited basis. Either only for gold coins, only for gold coins when requested by the submitter, or for any coin when requested by the submitter. So far NGC has resisted.

I think gold looks awesome in the black holders. However, I like my proofs and toned coins in the white slabs to bring out their attributes.

Just A General Reply.

I think the concept of Permanent Polls is a great one. But I also think there should be one in Coins, one in Comics and one in Cards. (wow! The three C's!) Such would attract a lot more attention I thinks!

Why don't you start a Permanent Poll to see if people want polls in each of the collecting areas?

I would but the circularity of that idea is starting to paralyze me.

How about starting a petition to get rid of this friggin' board! Real efficient use of board space! frown.gif

I recall seeing the black core holders at the 1987 ANA in Atlanta. While the gold coins look great the "brown" coppers don't. White was the best overall choice and NGC should stick with it.