• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 169 - Happy 4th of July!!

11 posts in this topic

QUESTION:

Which early American coin issue has a possible connection to William Shakespeare?

Good Luck!

Our first place winner will receive a copy the 2005 Red Book and a display box. A prize will be awarded to a randomly selected player.

**Because of the holiday weekend the answer will be posted Tuesday, July 5th**

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners

Here is a shot in the dark! Rosa America William Wood coins. 1722 - 1732. Made from socalled Bath metal.

QUESTION:

Which early American coin issue has a possible connection to William Shakespeare?

ANSWER:

The Sommers Islands coinage of c.1616. The Tempest is believed to have been based on the shipwreck of Sir George Sommers and his party.

Unfortunately there are no winners this week. Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend!!

Thanks for playing and stop back next week for another question. Keep up the good work!

I beg your pardon Danielle, But if you will read a bit further you will find that the Sommer Island coinage that you give as the correct answer is called "Hogge Money or Hoggies. 2005 Red Book pg 21.

Sincerely Reid1836. confused-smiley-013.gif

You are absolutely correct Reid1836!! I sincerely apologize for that. foreheadslap.gif I see that you have already won a 2005 Red Book, is there something you would like in place of that prize? Let me know.

Danielle blush.gif

Sure Danielle ! Would you happen to have any other numismatic books that you would be willing to let go of ? I already have the last three NGC census reports and NGC`s Grading Guide. Have anything authored by Q. David Bowers ? Or, how about an earlybird certificate ?

Thanks for double checking ! Integrity is a rarity itself and certainly hard to come by these days. You and NGC are solid as a rock !!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Reid1836 thumbsup2.gif

I don't have any more books but I can certainly send you out an Earlybird coupon. I will put it in the mail today. Keep up the good work!!

Danielle