• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1988 Lincoln penny

8 posts in this topic

I believe you do not have a doubled ear but have a cent with some circulation dings. However, as Greenstand said the close ups are not helpful. The full coin shots I don’t see doubling but I could be missing it. Pictures are so hard to give good advice with. 

On 9/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, Greenstang said:

What number on Variety Vista? I don’t see it.

Also have no idea what the screen shots are. Way too large.

I have no idea why they uploaded sideways. I believe it’s this one but I’m not really sure I’m still learning a lot about coins 1988 DDO-003, 3-O-VIII

As the others have said, the photos are pretty bad.  From what I can discern from them, however, you appear to just have a normal 1988 cent.  I see nothing indicating any doubling whatsoever.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, Woods020 said:

I believe you do not have a doubled ear but have a cent with some circulation dings. However, as Greenstand said the close ups are not helpful. The full coin shots I don’t see doubling but I could be missing it. Pictures are so hard to give good advice with. 

image.thumb.jpeg.248eed8dab43320646484616fea39565.jpeg

On 9/24/2021 at 2:13 PM, Mohawk said:

As the others have said, the photos are pretty bad.  From what I can discern from them, however, you appear to just have a normal 1988 cent.  I see nothing indicating any doubling whatsoever.

Yes I agree my pictures pretty bad The reason I said the 003 in the middle of the ear There’s a break just like that 003 and if you look at it you can see a line of another ear going downimage.thumb.jpeg.b24ea3302fc8318925b269a12e29168b.jpeg

Jaynh,

Once again, that close up isn't helpful.  It's too close up and way too cropped.  But even so, I still see nothing indicating doubling to me on this particular coin.