• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1922 D Peace Dollar

5 posts in this topic

I was going to start with Morgans but since I only have 3 Peace dollars I would post those first. Give me your honest opinions. Ive got thick skin so dont worry that ill get all butthurt.

Heres the first one! If anyone needs/wants a closeup of any certain spot please speak up.

P.S. Sorry about the upside down rear shot

1922d front.jpg

1922d closeup of D.jpg

1922d back.jpg

Edited by Mikhail2400

On 9/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, RWB said:

Circulated. Limited numismatic value.

(Your photos show excess image compression and false sharpening. Consider changing your camera/phone settings to improve quality.)

I used my cell phone to take the pics as you thought and ill try to change the settings to get a better picture. To be honest you surprised the heck out of me with the camera advice as its not something I really think about much. Im not sure what to do but ill post a pic below and hopefully you can tell me if it looks better

I didnt really think the coin was worth much more than its silver value but figured I would show it to get a more educated opinion than my own.

Heres the photo using the camera after I played with the settings;

newpics.jpg

On 9/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, Mikhail2400 said:

To be honest you surprised the heck out of me with the camera advice as its not something I really think about much. Im not sure what to do but ill post a pic below and hopefully you can tell me if it looks better

Understood. The second photo is not an improvement. Image quality degradation is not noticeable in most amateur photos - users are simply not looking for it, or assume that "is what it is." The harsh contrast and poor detail comes from the phone's software trying to "improve" the image - and failing. Coins are especially tough to photograph, so don't punish yourself about it. If the phone has image quality settings, turn off compression (or set to minimum compression), and limit sharpening to about 50%.