• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth submitting this 1900 Morgan or just flip it away? If you think its worth submitting for grading what`s your best guess for grade?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

🧐thank you for your post. 1900 in ms62$50. Ms63 $60 ms64$70. Approximately. Grading fees and shipping with insurance $40? $50   Just trying to give you an average idea. Soooo  cost of coin plus fees?  eBay sold prices may help or ngc price guide. The coin looks cleaned or scratched in some way that throws me off but I don’t think that it will grade to high but now the fun begins. Newbie comments only from me but the senior opinions here will be along soon 🤓

No not worth it there scattered marks all over it been circulated it will get a low grade . If you want a nice Morgan ? Then save up and buy a nice graded Morgan that already been graded and someone else paid the grading fee … otherwise this Morgan isn’t worth much other than bullion … 

also for newer people asking if they should get a (single coin graded) the answer is no (it cost too much in shipping and insurance just to grade one measly coin). You’re better off sending in bulk of 10 coins or more to save on shipping and insurance charges . The coins should value at least more than what it would cost you in shipping +Fees+insurance … most coins are already graded and ready for you or another collector to buy 

I appreaciate the educated and experienced responses. Following the advice given this is gonna be one for the books. I will in the future search for Morgans that have already been graded. That will certainly take the mystery out of it. Thank ya`ll again!

Edited by itsblitz
Did not fully express my thanks to the respondents.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:45 PM, James Zyskowski said:

🧐thank you for your post. 1900 in ms62$50. Ms63 $60 ms64$70. Approximately. Grading fees and shipping with insurance $40? $50   Just trying to give you an average idea. Soooo  cost of coin plus fees?  eBay sold prices may help or ngc price guide. The coin looks cleaned or scratched in some way that throws me off but I don’t think that it will grade to high but now the fun begins. Newbie comments only from me but the senior opinions here will be along soon 🤓

No sir thank you for your knowledgeable reply.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:46 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Remember that right now is not the best time to be buying Morgan’s or peace dollars because of higher than usual interest. The 2021 peace and Morgan’s are coming. Good luck and be careful out there. 

Yeah thats another good point demand might skyrocket.

Americans will always have a love affair for Morgan dollars what I say often about Morgan dollars, they will never lose their popularity among American coin collectors . My grandfather collected Morgans my Father and my uncles collected Morgans as well. When they died I got some of these collections I’ve sold them off to market I’ve upgraded with the money to collected graded Morgans over the years then sold them off as well to feed my World coin collection … Prices for some common Morgans and peace dollars are overrated In my opinion I can see high prices for scarce Morgan dates and key dates and VAMs.

Perhaps someday I’ll come back to collecting US coins my favorite US coins to collect are ( walking Liberty halves , and Mercury dimes and Buffalo nickels) lately I just been to fascinated in collection old world coins for last 8 years , I have about 30-40 old world German coins ( Thalers, minor coinage, trial strikes, war coinage and medals) that I bought alone in last 2 years that are grade worthy for my personal collection. I need to send them in for grading,  I always save my coins back until I have about 10-20 coins that are worth sending in for bulk load to save on shipping and insurance … problem with world coins not many are graded in what you’re looking for so most of time you have to buy them Raw you need to know what your looking at as well cleaning , counterfeit coins , damaged coins . Always study and study the books as much as you can about the coins you plan to collect. 

Remember that right now is not the best time to be buying Morgan’s

Bought a 1921 Morgan @ PCGS MS 64 in a Gen 3 Holder for $80.00.  Sounded about right to me.  But you are right.  EBay is alive with increased prices on 21 Morgan and Peace.

The 2021 peace and Morgan’s are coming.

According to comments on this ATS many people claiming their orders have been cancelled.  Trust the United States Mint to mess things up.  :insane:

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, itsblitz said:

Yeah thats another good point demand might skyrocket.

Not for that coin, the coin in the OP. Only chance that coin has is if PMs go up, too many of these out there and in better condition. 

On 7/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, itsblitz said:

I appreaciate the educated and experienced responses. Following the advice given this is gonna be one for the books. I will in the future search for Morgans that have already been graded. That will certainly take the mystery out of it. Thank ya`ll again!

Concentrate on learning what an uncirculated coin looks like, then you can make better decisions when looking at "raw" coins.