• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does it cost money
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hi and welcome. Yes there are grading fees plus shipping and insurance. It can get to $50 or more quickly. Hopefully this helps. Thanks for your post 😊thats a nice quarter. Just 3 years earlier and it would be 90percent silver 1964 and earlier 

Edited by James Zyskowski

I don't believe that quarter would be worth the cost of sending in and having graded. Need a better picture of it to tell more about it but it would have to be in a very high grade to be worth it. Just from the picture provided it doesn't look like it be worth it.  

Edited by Hoghead515

Not only does it cost money, to me at least, it’s LOTS of money. It needs to be utilized SPARINGLY, not for run of the mill pieces.

Worked out the cost awhile back in another thread and at the LOWEST tier level, if you submitted five coins it worked out to $27.50 per coin.  If you sent a single coin it was $72.  And that doesn't take into consideration having to pay for a membership so you can submit.

Edited by Conder101

The OP posted a photo of a quarter. The OP thought something about the quarter suggested it could be graded and wanted to know if there was a cost. The connection is obvious for ordinary use.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:24 PM, RWB said:

The OP posted a photo of a quarter. The OP thought something about the quarter suggested it could be graded and wanted to know if there was a cost. The connection is obvious for ordinary use.

We’ve got a VERY SERIOUS problem as a hobby (educationally) if perfectly normal folks think worn 1967 quarters are grading candidates. Some serious misinformation is floating around out there somehow. I think we all know what some of the causative factors are, but few want to speak its name.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:04 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Hi and welcome. Yes there are grading fees plus shipping and insurance. It can get to $50 or more quickly. Hopefully this helps. Thanks for your post 😊thats a nice quarter. Just 3 years earlier and it would be 90percent silver 1964 and earlier 

On 7/28/2021 at 7:46 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I don't believe that quarter would be worth the cost of sending in and having graded. Need a better picture of it to tell more about it but it would have to be in a very high grade to be worth it. Just from the picture provided it doesn't look like it be worth it.  

There’s 2early responses polite to the point friendly fair. I believe our op is brand new (think 1st post) and innocent just asking a question.   Now to kurts point bingo is there something inciting people or what?

[As an uncontested, all but certified troublemaker, I am going to take the extraordinary measure -- nothing personal now! -- of laying this matter squarely at member Cladking's doorstep, without further comment.]

On 8/2/2021 at 10:18 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[As an uncontested, all but certified troublemaker, I am going to take the extraordinary measure -- nothing personal now! -- of laying this matter squarely at member Cladking's doorstep, without further comment.]

Even Cladking is only promoting exceptional quality clad coins.